Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram are some of the reputed colleges, which is also known as Saveetha Medical College Chennai. It was established in the year 2008. It is one of the leading Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
Hey Students, if you are interested in pursuing your medical education at Saveetha Medical College Chennai, you must know about Saveetha Medical College Chennai Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college Saveetha Medical College Chennai review.
Table of Contents
- Saveetha Medical College Chennai
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Saveetha Medical College Chennai
The College, popularly known as SMCH Kanchipuram, is situated in Kanchipuram and aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure. This College is affiliated with Saveetha University Chennai and recognised by the NMC. Saveetha Medical College Chennai is one of the best Deemed MBBS colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Saveetha Medical College Chennai. If students are in a hurry to complete their admission, they must provide their NEET Score Card.
|Name of Institute||Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Tamil Nadu|
|Popular Name||Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram, SMCH Kanchipuram, Saveetha Medical College Chennai|
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Affiliated||Saveetha University Chennai|
|All India Rank||27|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Saveetha University Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Deemed
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
Here are the facilities provided or will be provided to the students who are already studying or have confirmed their Saveetha Medical College Chennai Admission 2022:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram offer quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
SMCH Kanchipuram provides quality education and offers the following UG courses.
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
Suppose you are looking forward to admission to Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram. In that case, you must know about the number of seats the college is offering for its UG Course. Hence, Saveetha Medical College Chennai MBBS Seats is 250.
SMCH Kanchipuram provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
MD/MS Intake Capacity
These are the Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram PG Seats for the post-graduate courses the college is offering:-
|MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2||MD – Microbiology||4|
|MD – Sports Medicine||2||MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||5|
|MD – Psychiatry||4||MS – ENT||5|
|MS – Orthopaedics||12||MD – General Medicine||15|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3||MS – General Surgery||15|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||10||MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||9||MD – Pharmacology||1|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||7||MD – Physiology||2|
|MD – Pathology||10||MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||11||MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||12|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
For students interested in pursuing MBBS from Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessary is mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College is responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty at Saveetha Medical College and Hospital Kanchipuram. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the Saveetha Medical College Chennai faculty comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programmes at Saveetha Medical College Chennai is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Saveetha Medical College Chennai will help you do proper research.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
Here we describe the Saveetha Medical College Chennai Fees for Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses.
|S. No||Program Type||Course (Branch)||Duration||Annual Fee|
|1||Under Graduate||MBBS||5 Years|| Rs.24,75,000 (General)|
USD 50,000 (NRI)
|2||Post Graduate||M.S (Anatomy)||3 Years||Rs.2,00,000|
|3||Post Graduate||M.D (Physiology)||3 Years||Rs.2,00,000|
|4||Post Graduate||M.D (Biochemistry)||3 Years||Rs.2,00,000|
|5||Post Graduate||M.D (Pharmacology)||3 Years||Rs.5,00,000|
|6||Post Graduate||M.D (Microbiology)||3 Years||Rs.5,00,000|
|7||Post Graduate||M.D (Community Medicine)||3 Years||Rs.7,00,000|
|8||Post Graduate||M.D (Pathology)||3 Years||Rs.10,00,000|
|9||Post Graduate||M.D (Psychiatry)||3 Years||Rs.20,00,000|
|10||Post Graduate||M.D (Anaesthesiology)||3 Years||Rs.25,00,000|
|11||Post Graduate||M.S (Oto-rhino-laryngology)||3 Years||Rs.22,00,000|
|12||Post Graduate||M.S (Ophthalmology)||3 Years||Rs.25,00,000|
|13||Post Graduate||M.D (General Medicine)||3 Years|| Rs.40,00,000 (General)|
USD 65000 (NRI)
|14||Post Graduate||M.S (General Surgery)||3 Years|| Rs.36,00,000 (General)|
USD 55,000 (NRI)
|15||Post Graduate||M.S (Orthopaedics)||3 Years|| Rs.36,00,000 (General)|
USD 60,000 (NRI)
|16||Post Graduate||M.S (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)||3 Years|| Rs.36,00,000 (General)|
USD 60,000 (NRI)
|17||Post Graduate||M.D (Paediatrics)||3 Years|| Rs.36,00,000 (General)|
USD 60,000 (NRI)
|18||Post Graduate||M.D (Respiratory Medicine)||3 Years|| Rs.36,00,000 (General)|
USD 60,000 (NRI)
|19||Post Graduate||M.D (Radio diagnosis)||3 Years|| Rs.40,00,000 (General)|
USD 65,000 (NRI)
|20||Post Graduate||M.D (Dermatology)||3 Years|| Rs.40,00,000 (General)|
USD 65,000 (NRI)
|21||Post Graduate||M.D (Sports Medicine)||3 Years||Rs.25,00,000|
|22||Post Graduate||M.D (Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion)||3 Years||Rs.10,00,000|
|23||Super-Speciality||DM Cardiology||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|24||Super-Speciality||DM Nephrology||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|25||Super-Speciality||DM Neurology||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|26||Super-Speciality||MCh Vascular Surgery||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|27||Super-Speciality||MCh Urology||3 Years||Rs.10,00,000|
|28||Super-Speciality||MCh Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|29||Super-Speciality||DM Neonatology||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|30||Super-Speciality||DM Critical Care Medicine||3 Years||Rs.8,00,000|
|31||Post Graduate||M.Sc Medical Anatomy||3 Years||Rs.1,25,000|
|32||Post Graduate||M.Sc Medical Physiology||3 Years||Rs.1,25,000|
|33||Post Graduate||M.Sc Medical Biochemistry||3 Years||Rs.1,25,000|
|34||Post Graduate||M.Sc Medical Microbiology||3 Years||Rs.1,25,000|
|35||Post Graduate||M.Sc Pharmacology||3 Years||Rs.1,25,000|
|36||Post Graduate||M.Sc Clinical Embryology||2 Years||Rs.2,00,000 +15,000 Admission Fees|
|37||Post Graduate||M.Sc Child Development and Interventions||2 Years||Rs.1,00,000|
|38||Post Graduate||M.Sc Exercise Physiology & Sports Nutrition||2 Years||Rs.1,00,000|
|39||Post Graduate||M.sc Sports Bio-Mechanics||2 Years||Rs.1,00,000|
|40||Fellowship||Fellowship in Allergy and Clinical Immunology||1 Year||Rs.1,15,000|
|41||Fellowship||Fellowship in Maxillofacial Trauma||1 Year||Will be announced soon|
|42||Fellowship||Post-Doctoral Certificate Course in RAAAPM (Regional Anaesthesia And Acute Pain Management)||1 Year||Rs.50,000|
|43||Fellowship||IAP Fellowship in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics||1 Year||Rs.85,000|
|44||Fellowship||Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine||1 Year||Rs.5,00,000|
|45||Fellowship||Fellowship in Fetal Medicine||1 Year||Rs.1,25,000|
|46||Doctorate||Ph.D (Full time)||3 Years||Rs.50,000|
|47||Doctorate||Ph.D (Part time)||4 Years||Rs.50,000|
The Saveetha Medical College Chennai Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Melmaruvathur Adiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science General Cutoff
NOTE: Saveetha Medical College Chennai Cut Off for 2022-23 session will be Updated Soon………
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by SMCH Kanchipuram, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
In this section, you are provided with information regarding Saveetha Medical College Chennai Ranking, as well as its reputation across the state of Tamil Nadu & also for India:-
|Name of Institute||Saveetha Medical College Chennai|
|All India Rank||27|
Saveetha Medical College Hospital
Saveetha Medical College Chennai Address: Saveetha Nagar, Thandalam, Chennai
Official Website: http://www.saveethamedicalcollege.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram is 250
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram?
Ans. Saveetha Medical College Chennai Address is Saveetha Medical College & Hospital Kanchipuram, Saveetha Nagar, Thandalam, Chennai
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for SMCH Kanchipuram?
Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of SMCH Kanchipuram so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of SMCH Kanchipuram, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at SMCH Kanchipuram.
Q. Is Saveetha Medical College Chennai a Deemed College or not?
Yes, Saveetha Medical College Chennai is a Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.