GMERS Medical College Valsad was founded in 2012 by the Gujarat Medical Education and Research Society (GMERS) and the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Gujarat, located in the city of Valsad, Gujarat. GMERS Valsad is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Gujarat. The College is popularly known as GMERS Valsad. The institute is spread over 36 Acre lush green campus in the beautiful city of Valsad, South Gujarat. This College is affiliated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University and is approved by NMC.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about GMERS Valsad like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cut off Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Table of Contents
- GMERS Medical College Valsad
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
GMERS Medical College Valsad
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of GMERS Medical College Valsad.
|Name of Institute||GMERS Medical College Valsad|
|Popular Name||GMERS Valsad|
|Year of Establishment||2012|
|Affiliated to||Veer Narmad South Gujarat University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Govt-Society
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
GMERS Valsad provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
We will let you know about the GMERS Valsad here in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the GMERS Valsad, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at GMERS Medical College Valsad is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of GMERS Valsad for various Medical courses is mentioned below.
|Courses||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|MBBS||3.0 Lakhs||8.25 Lakhs||20000$|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. Candidates can check the Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates must make a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that they are a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective institute, for this candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or other process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidate must visit the help centre. The list of help centres is mentioned on the admission committee’s website, www.medadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats||Name of counselling||Counselling conducting body|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET counselling 2022||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Central/deemed universities||NEET UG counselling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|85% state quota seats||Gujarat MBBS counselling||ACPUGMEC|
|100% seats in private colleges||Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling||ACPUGMEC|
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||GMERS Medical College Valsad|
GMERS Medical College, Valsad
Address: GMERS Medical College, Halar Road, Nanakwada Valsad – 396001 Gujarat. India
Official Website: http://www.gmersmcvalsad.com/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. GMERS Valsad is affiliated with which university?
A. GMERS Valsad is affiliated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat.
Q. How big is the campus of GMERS Valsad?
A. The campus is spread across 36 Acre of lush green campus situated in the beautiful city of Valsad, South Gujarat.
Q. Does GMC Surat provide PG courses?
A. No, they don’t provide PG(Post-graduate).
Q. When was GMERS Valsad established?
A. The college was established on 2nd October 2012.