Ross University School of Medicine (RUSM) is a private medical school. Its main campus is in Barbados, and separate administrative offices are located in the United States in Iselin, New Jersey, and Miramar, Florida. Before 2019, the university’s main campus was in Portsmouth, Dominica, but it moved to its present location in Barbados in January 2019. Adtalem Global Education Inc owns RUSM.
Hey Students, here we have tried to keep you updated & informed about one of the Best Medical Colleges in the West Indies, i.e. Ross University School of Medicine.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Student Support
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Fee Structure
- Ranking & Reputation
- Country Summary
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before we go through the detailed information about the RUSM West Indies. Let’s look at the college’s major details.
|Name of Institute||Ross University School of Medicine|
|Year of Establishment||1978|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Registered with||Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Health Professions|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Ranking||country rank: 11|
world rank: 6242(Source: webometrics.info)
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor for Admission||Call Now +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in WestIndies|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: (NMC), (WHO)
- Aid Status: Public
- Affiliation: N/A
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||NMC Screening Test Help Centre|
RUSM West Indies offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS)
|Doctor of Medicine||6 Years|
If you want to take admission to Ross University School of Medicine, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET Exam that will help boost your NEET Exam Preparation.
West Indies has been a preferred destination for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study at the Ross University School of Medicine, check the eligibility below.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Depend on University)|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Before taking admission at RUSM, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Bulgaria.
- Authorization of all documents from the Medical University in West Indies.
- Legalization of all documents from the Bulgarian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
The Ross University School of Medicine fee structure for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Doctor of Medicine||21966 USD/ Year|
Note: The Mentioned fee is approximate and subject to change.
Ranking & Reputation
This section shows the RUSM West Indies Ranking all over Country & World Ranking all over the world:-
|Name of Institute||Ross University School of Medicine|
|Ranking||World Rank: 5850|
Country Rank: 1
Graphical Representation of Ross University School of Medicine Ranking
The West Indies is a subregion of North America, surrounded by the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea that includes 13 independent island countries and 18 dependencies and other territories in three major archipelagos: the Greater Antilles, the Lesser Antilles, and the Lucayan Archipelago.
|Language||Official Languages: English|
|Climate||Winters are cold and snowy, and summers are warm and humid|
|Time Zone||(GMT-5) Eastern Standard Time|
|Currency||JMD Jamaican Dollar|
About Bridgetown City
- Bridgetown features a tropical savanna climate with relatively constant temperatures throughout the year.
- The Bridgetown Port (or “Deep Water Harbour” as it is also known) is the major port of entry for cruise and cargo ships docking in Barbados.
- Bridgetown’s main exports are sugar, rum, and molasses. The island is also involved in other industries, namely tourism and the offshore sector.
- In the centre lies the main street of Bridgetown, Broad Street, which runs directly through the city’s centre. Broad Street passes the Parliament Buildings and serves as the centre of the city’s shopping area.
Ross University School of Medicine
Address:1600 SW 80th Terrace, Suite106A Plantation, FL33324
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the Ross University School of Medicine located?
A. Ross University School of Medicine’s address is TWO MILE HILL ST. MICHAEL, BB11093, BARBADOS
Q. What is the MBBS Duration at the Ross University School of Medicine?
A. MBBS Duration at the Ross University School of Medicine is 6 Years.
Q. What is the world ranking of the Ross University School of Medicine?
A. The World Ranking of the Ross University School of Medicine world ranking 5851.
- Ross University School of Medicine, Wikipedia
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- United States Dollar, Wikipedia