ST Peters Medical College Hosur is one of the best private medical colleges in Tamilnadu. This college is affiliated with The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and was established in 2021. St. Peter’s Medical College Hospital and Research Institute are located in the prime location at Hosur, Krishnagiri District, Tamilnadu.
It was established by St Peters institute of higher education and research (SPIHER) Trust in the year 2008 to cater for the needs of Medical care for the poorest of poor population in the most backward districts of Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri in Tamilnadu
This article will provide you with detailed information about Government Medical College Thiruvallur Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
St. Peter’s Medical College Hospital and Research Institute campus is spread across 121 acres of land, housing 300 beds with separate residential quarters for teaching faculties, non-teaching staff and resident doctors, a separate hostel for boys and girl students and for nursing staff.
Table of Contents
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we go to complete the college review, let us have a look at the essential details of ST Peters Medical College Hosur.
|Name of Institute||ST Peters Medical College Hosur|
|Popular Name||ST Peters Medical College Hosur|
|Location||Hosur, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated||The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R… Medical University|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:-The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R Medical University
Approved by:- N.M.C.
Aid Status:- Pvt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
ST Peters Medical College Hosur offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about ST Peters Medical College Hosur MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As ST Peters Medical College Hosur, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the required courses which come under ST Peters Medical College Hosur. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
Here we describe the Fee structure of ST Peters Medical College Hosur for U.G Course.
Note: The Fee will be updated soon.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||ST Peters Medical College Hosur|
ST Peters Medical College Hosur
Address: Dr MGR Nagar, Near AERI Campus,
Opp SIPCOT –II, Hosur – 635130, Krishnagiri District
Official Website: https://spmch.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in ST Peters Medical College Hosur?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in ST Peters Medical College Hosur is 150.
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does ST Peters Medical College Hosur have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do ST Peters Medical College Hosur provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the ST Peters Medical College Hosur?
Ans. ST Peters Medical College Hosur is located in Dr MGR Nagar, Near AERI Campus, Opp SIPCOT –II, Hosur – 635130, Krishnagiri District.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of ST Peters Medical College Hosur so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of ST Peters Medical College Hosur then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at ST Peter’s Medical College Hosur.