The American Board of Thoracic Surgery Chicago is an American surgical organization devoted to surgery on the chest. The American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS) was founded in 1948 for the purpose of protecting the public by establishing and maintaining high standards in thoracic surgery. To achieve this objective, the Board has established qualifications for examinations and procedures for certification and recertification. The ABTS is an independent, non-profit organization and a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure
- Country Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
|Name of Institute||American Board of Thoracic Surgery|
|Year of Establishment||1948|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Registered with||Higher Learning Commission.|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|ABTS Ranking||World rank 6035|
|ABTS Official Website||https://www.abts.org/|
|Category||Medical Colleges in the USA|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||5 Years|
The USA has been one of the preferred destinations for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, check the eligibility below.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
We have provided you with information regarding the American Board of Thoracic Surgery Fees for Indian Students in INR and others in USD. You can check the fees for different courses which are mentioned below.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||$17000/Year|
|Area||9.834 million km²|
|Capital City||Washington D.C.|
|Language||Official Languages: English|
|Climate||cool, dry winter from December through February; a hot, dry spring from March through May;|
|Time Zone||(GMT-5) Eastern Standard Time|
|Currency||United States Dollar|
|Religion||Christians represent 65% of the total adult population, 43% identifying as Protestants, 20% as Catholics, and 2% as Mormons. People with no formal religious identity form 26% of the total population.|
About Chicago City
- Chicago is the most populous city in the U.S. state of Illinois and the third-most populous city in the United States.
- Chicago is famous for are: Chicago-style hot dogs, Chicago-style (deep dish) pizza, Maxwell Street Polish Sausage, jazz music, and 1920s gangsters, for example, Al Capone.
- The City of Chicago covers an area of 60,000 hectares and sits 176 meters (578 feet) above sea level on the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan.
- The population of Chicago is 2,746,388.
- Chicago’s climate is typically continental, with cold winters, warm summers, and frequent short fluctuations in temperature, humidity, cloudiness, and wind direction. Many consider the more moderate temperatures of spring and fall to be the most pleasant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the American Board of Thoracic Surgery located?
A. American Board of Thoracic Surgery’s address is 633 North St. Clair Street, Suite 2150, Chicago, IL 60611
Q. What is the MBBS Duration at the American Board of Thoracic Surgery?
A. MBBS Duration at the American Board of Thoracic Surgery is 5 Years.
Q. What is the world ranking of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery?
A. The World Ranking of the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, world ranking 6035(Sources: 4icu.org/)