Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Bihar. The college is popularly known as Buddha Dental College Patna and was founded in 1985-86. The college is affiliated with Magadh University and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college has become synonymous with one of the Best Dental Colleges in Kankarbagh.
This article will provide detailed information about Buddha Dental College Patna (BIDSH Kankarbagh) Fees Structure. Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh
Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital’s vision is to train general, Specialized & Allied professional personnel to meet regional & national oral health care services. And the mission of the college is to Meet the regional, national and global Dental Educational needs.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh.
|College Name||Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh|
|Popular Name||Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh, BIDSH Kankarbagh, Kankarbagh dental college|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Affiliated to||Magadh University|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College In Bihar|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Magadh University
- Approved by: –DCI
- Aid Status:– Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital Kankarbagh Offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the duration and intake capacity.
Buddha Dental College provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
Buddha Dental College provides quality education and offers the following MDS course for 3 years.
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 years|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 years|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 years|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 years|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 years|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 years|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 years|
MDS Intake Capacity
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||5|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||5|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||5|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||5|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||5|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3|
|Public Health Dentistry||3|
Here this selection will let you about BIDSH Kankarbagh BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in their skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of BIDSH Kankarbagh, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the required courses under BIDSH Kankarbagh. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Bihar NEET UG Counselling|
The fee structure of Buddha Dental College for undergraduate and postgraduate is mentioned below.
The fee structure of Buddha Dental College fee BDS is mentioned below:
|Particulars||Annual Development Fee|
|Registration (One time)||51,000/-|
The fee structure of Buddha Dental College foe MDS is mentioned below:
|MDS||Prosthodontics & Crown Bridge||9,00,000/-|
|MDS||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||9,00,000/-|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||9,00,000/-|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||9,00,000/-|
|MDS||Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||9,00,000/-|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||7,00,000/-|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||6,00,000/-|
|MDS||Oral Pathology & Microbiology||5,00,000/-|
Note: The fixed fee includes the 90,000 stipend amount.
|No. Hostels||Admission Fee||Maintenance Fee||Hostel Fee|
|1||Rs. 11,000/-||Rs. 2000/-yearly||Rs.100,000/- per year|
Note: Mentioned Fee subject to change
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category must score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Before starting the counselling process, the registered candidates must fill in their preferences of colleges and courses.
- To fill in the choices/preferences, each applicant must log in using their UGMAC ID and password created at BCECEB.
- After successfully logging in, applicants must click on the button- ‘Submit the option’, and then candidates can access various choices at once.
- Only applicants incorporated in the Bihar Counselling 2022 merit list appear for the offline seat allotment process.
- After the seat allotment, the document verification of the required documents will be done. Therefore, every applicant must carry a list of relevant documents for verification purposes.
- Bihar state merit rank, preferences of colleges/courses, seats in a particular college, reservation criteria and other factors, the seats to medical and dental college will be allotted.
- Individual counselling will be conducted for applicants belonging to several categories. The counselling achieving authority will publish the seat allotment result for both rounds once the Bihar NEET counselling 2022 is over.
- After Bihar NEET counselling, applicants are allotted seats to report at the assigned colleges/institutions to verify and complete the admission process on or before the last date.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants applying to Buddha Dental College, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Bihar Counselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh|
Buddha Dental College Kankarbagh
Address: West of T.V. Tower, Gandhi Nagar Kankarbagh, Patna, Bihar-800020
Email Id: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.bidsh.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in BIDSH Kankarbagh?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in BIDSH Kankarbagh is 100.
Q. What is the BDS course duration for BIDSH Kankarbagh?
A. BIDSH Kankarbagh’s BDS Course duration is four years.
Q. Does BIDSH Kankarbagh have a hostel?
A. Yes, BIDSH Kankarbagh provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to BIDSH Kankarbagh?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to BIDSH Kankarbagh.
Q. Can I know the exact location of BIDSH Kankarbagh?
A. West of T.V. Tower, Gandhi Nagar Kankarbagh, Patna, Bihar-8000.
Q. Is BIDSH Kankarbagh government or private?
A. BIDSH Kankarbagh is Pvt.