Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Chhattisgarh. The college is popularly known as GDC Raipur and was founded in the year 2003-04. And it is Affiliated with Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur and is Approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The college was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Table of Contents
- Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking And Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur
Now the college has become synonymous with one of the best dental colleges in Chhattisgarh. Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur is Affiliated with Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur and is Approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Before we go to complete the college review, let us have a look at the essential details of Govt. Dental College Raipur.
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur|
|Popular Name||GDC Raipur, Govt. Dental College Raipur|
|Location||Near Maria Mata Mandir, Rajbandha Maidan,|
Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492001
|Year of Establishment||2003-04|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medical Education Raipur|
|Affiliated to||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur|
|Courses offered||BDS MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Chhattisgarh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:–Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur
- Approved by:–DCI
- Aid Status:– Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Below we discuss, let us look at the course overview offered at Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur.
|BDS||4.6+1 year Internship|
MDS Course & Intake Capacity
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3||3 Years|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3||3 Years|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3||3 Years|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||2||3 Years|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3||3 Years|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3||3 Years|
We will let you know about Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur BDS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the necessary Courses, which came under Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Courses: NEET MDS
|Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Chhattisgarh NEET UG Counselling|
The fee structure of Government Dental College & Hospital Raipur for the undergraduate and postgraduate Dental courses is mentioned below.
|Courses||Tuition Fees(Full Course)|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Director of Medical Education, Raipur, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Chhattisgarh State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling information is mentioned in this PDF here.
1. Registration Process: Candidates will have to register on the official Website; then, you must create the User ID and Password for subsequent logins and pay the counselling fee.
2. Document Verification: After successful registration, applicants will have to proceed with the document verification. It will be essential to carry the original documents and one set of photocopies for the proof.
3. Choice Filling & Locking: Candidates must fill in the preferences/choices for colleges to which they want to get admission. Applicants are advised not to forget to lock the filled options and print out them for future purposes.
4. Seat Allotment & Reporting: The counselling conducted authority will display the seat allotment result on the Website after some days of choice filling. Applicants must report to the allotted college for admission along with the provisional admission letter.
For aspirants applying to Government Dental College Raipur, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- NEET MDS result
- NEET MDS admit card
- BDS degree certificate
- BDS mark sheets
- Internship Completion Certificate (mentioned that the candidate has completed his/ her internship on
- Registration Certificate from the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC)
- Birth Certificate or Class X mark sheet
- Photo Id proof (PAN card/ Driving Licence/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – if applicable)
- Disability Certificate issued by the medical board (if applicable)
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Dental College Raipur|
Government Dental College Raipur
Address: Near Maria Mata Mandir, Rajbandha Maidan,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492001
Email Id: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.govtdentalcollegeraipur.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Does Government Dental College Raipur have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, Government Dental College Raipur does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do Government Dental College Raipur provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to Government Dental College Raipur?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Government Dental College Raipur.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Government Dental College Raipur?
Ans. Government Dental College Raipur is located Near Maria Mata Mandir, Rajbandha Maidan, Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492001
Q. Are there any MDS Courses offered at Government Dental College Raipur?
Ans. Yes, there are MDS Courses offered at Government Dental College Raipur.
Q. Is Government Dental College Raipur government or private?
Ans. Government Dental College Raipur is a Government College.