Government Medical College Porbandar was founded in 2022 by the Government of Gujarat in the oldest city of Gujarat, Porbandar. The college is popularly known as GMC Porbandar. It is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Gujarat, located in Porbandar, Gujarat, India. This College is affiliated with the Bhakta Kavi Narsing Mehta University, Bikha Roa, Khadia, and is approved by the NMC.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about Government Medical College Porbandar like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cut off Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Table of Contents
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET 2022 Cutoff
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
|Name of Institute
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rajkot
|Rajkot, Gujarat, India
|Year of Establishment
|Bhakta Kavi Narsing Mehta University, Bikha Roa, Khadia
|Counselling Conducted Authority
|Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)
|National Medical Commission (N.M.C.)
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Medical Colleges in Gujarat
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated: Bhakta Kavi Narsing Mehta University, Bikha Roa, Khadia
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Govt.
|Hostel (Boys & Girls)
Here in this section, you can get the complete details of Government Medical College Porbandar Courses offered, and candidates are advised to check the details of the entire course.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)
|4.6+1 Year Internship
Here this selection we will let you know about the Government Medical College Porbandar. Let’s have a look.
|1-2: Two Semesters
|Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology
|3-4-5: Three Semesters
|Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;
|6-7-8-9: Four Semesters
|Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Compulsory time duration for Internship
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning
|Orthopaedics including PMR
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Government Medical College Porbandar, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Government Medical College Porbandar is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|UG Course: NEET UG
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling
|For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling
For PG Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
The Government Medical College Porbandar fee structure for various medical courses is mentioned below.
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|NEET 2022 cutoff
|NEET cut-off marks
|Number of Candidates
|UR / EWS &
|OBC & PH
|SC & PH
|ST & PH
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates have to make a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that he/she is a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective institute, and this candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or other process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidates must visit the help centre. The list of help centres is mentioned on the website of the admission committee, www.medadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats
|Name of counselling
|Counselling conducting body
|15% All India Quota seats
|NEET counselling 2022
|Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
|NEET UG counselling
|Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
|85% of state quota seats
|Gujarat MBBS Counselling
|100% seats in private colleges
|Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this College will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- I.D. proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute
|Government Medical College Porbandar
Government Medical College Porbandar
Address: updated soon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical aspirants in Government Medical College Porbandar?
A. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Government Medical College Porbandar is 200.
Q. Does Government Medical College Porbandar have a hostel?
A. Yes, Government Medical College Porbandar is provided hostel facilities.
Q. Do Government Medical College Porbandar provide internships?
A. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to Government Medical College Porbandar?
A. Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Government Medical College Porbandar.
Q. Is Government Medical College Porbandar government or private?
A. Government Medical College Porbandar is a Govt. Medical College.