Himachal Dental College Sunder Nagar is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Himachal. The College is popularly known as HDC Sundar Nagar and It was founded in 1994- 95. The College is affiliated with Atal Medical & Research University, HP and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. The College was established to fortify the weakest Section of the Nation.
This article will provide detailed information about Himachal Dental College Sundar Nagar (HDC Sundar Nagar) Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and a complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Himachal Dental College Sunder Nagar
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
- Himachal Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Himachal Dental College Sunder Nagar
The Himachal Dental College started under the aegis of Sh. Gian Chand Dharamvir Charitable Trust in 1994 under the dynamic leadership of the trust’s chairman. In its constant endeavour to reach excellence, the College got permanent recognition in the year 2000 & holds the distinction of being the first dental college in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
Before completing the college review, look at Himachal Dental College Sunder Nagar’s essential details.
|College Name||Himachal Dental College Sundar Nagar|
|Popular Name||HDC Sundar Nagar, Sundar Nagar Dental College|
|Location||Sundar Nagar, Himachal Pradesh|
|Affiliated to||Atal Medical & Research University, HP|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Atal Medical & Research University, HP|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Himachal Pradesh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Atal Medical & Research University, HP
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Himachal Dental College Offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with the duration and intake capacity.
Himachal Dental College provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|BDS||4 years+1 Year Internship|
Himachal Dental College provides quality education and offers the following MDS course for 3 years.
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||6||3 Years|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||5||3 Years|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||5||3 Years|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||6||3 Years|
Here in this selection, we will inform you about HDC Sundar Nagar BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|1 year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|2 years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|3 years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|4 years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As HDC Sundar Nagar faculty members, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission Procedure for the introductory courses that came under HDC Sundar Nagar. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Himachal Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Himachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling|
The fee Structure of Himachal Dental College for undergraduate and postgraduate is mentioned below.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cutoff marks 2021||Cutoff marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
This section will provide detailed information about the NEET MDS 2022 expected cut-off for General and EWS, SC/ST/OBC, General and EWS – PH, and SC/ST/OBC – PH categories in percentile; candidates can check the expected cutoff here.
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Himachal Dental College, Sunder Nagar cutoff 2020
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Himachal Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling
- According to candidates’ merit ranks, candidates whose names will be enlisted in the state merit list will be called for the HP NEET counselling 2022 process.
- Applicants must register for HP NEET Counselling 2022 admission from the official Website.
- Then candidates must make their choices/preferences of courses and colleges according to their importance for the seat allotment process.
- Candidates allotted seats in HP NEET Counselling 2022 admission must report at the allotted colleges within the specified dates and timings.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants applying to Himachal Dental College, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this College will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of HP Counselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Himachal Dental College Sundar Nagar|
Himachal Dental College Sundar Nagar
Address: Sunder Nagar, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh Sunder Nagar- 175002
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: https://www.hdc.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in the Himachal Dental College?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Himachal Dental College is 60.
Q. Does the Himachal Dental College have a hostel?
A. Yes, the Himachal Dental College provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to the Himachal Dental College?
A. Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to the Himachal Dental College.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Himachal Dental College?
A. Mandi, Sunder Nagar, Himachal Pradesh.
Q. Is the Himachal Dental College government or private?
A. Himachal Dental College is a Pvt. college.