Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The college is popularly known as HIDS Paonta Sahib and was founded in the year 2003-04. The college is affiliated with Atal Medical & Research University, HP, Shimla and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. Now the college has become synonymous with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Paonta Sahib.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib(HIDS Paonta Sahib) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
- Himachal Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib
The Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences, Paonta Sahib started under the auspices of Dr Puran Chand Medical Charitable Trust in the year 2003 under the dynamic leadership of Dr V K Gupta – Chairman of the Trust. Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences (Himachal Dental College, Paonta Sahib) is duly recognized by the Dental Council of India, New Delhi/Govt.
Before completing the college review, look at HIDS Paonta Sahib’s essential details.
|College Name||Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib|
|Popular Name||HIDS Paonta Sahib, Paonta Sahib dental college|
|Location||Paonta Sahib, Himachal Pradesh|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Atal Medical & Research University, HP|
|Affiliated to||Atal Medical & Research University, HP|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India(DCI)|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Himachal Pradesh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Atal Medical & Research University, HP, Shimla
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with the duration and intake capacity.
Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|BDS||4 years+1 Year Internship|
MDS Courses & Intake Capacity
Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences provides quality education and offers the following MDS course for 3 years.
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 years||3|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 years||3|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 years||5|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 years||5|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 years||5|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 years||3|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about HIDS Paonta Sahib BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|1 year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|2 years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|3 years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|4 years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of HIDS Paonta Sahib, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below mentioned the admission Procedure for the important Courses which came under HIDS Paonta Sahib. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Himachal Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Himachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling|
The fee structure of Paonta Sahib dental college for undergraduate and postgraduate is mentioned below.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
This section will provide detailed information about the NEET MDS 2022 expected cut-off for General and EWS, SC/ST/OBC, General and EWS – PH, and SC/ST/OBC – PH categories in percentile; candidates can check the expected cutoff here.
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Himachal Pradesh NEET 2022 Counselling
- According to candidates’ merit ranks, candidates whose names will be enlisted in the state merit list will be called for the HP NEET counselling 2022 process.
- Applicants are required to register for HP NEET Counselling 2022 admission from the official website.
- Then candidates must make their choices/preferences of courses and colleges according to their importance for the seat allotment process.
- Candidates allotted seats in HP NEET Counselling 2022 admission must report at the allotted colleges within the specified dates and timings.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants who are applying to the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences, the following flow chart shows short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of HP Counselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib|
Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences Paonta Sahib
Address: Rampur Ghat Road Paonta Sahib Himachal Pradesh Paonta Sahib- 173025
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: https://www.hids.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences is 100.
Q. Does the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences have a hostel?
A. Yes, the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences?
A. Rampur, Ghat Road, Paonta Sahib Himachal Pradesh.
Q. Is the Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences government or private?
A. Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences is a Pvt. college.