H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla are some of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The college is popularly known as HPGDC Shimla and was founded in the year 1994. The college is affiliated with the Atal Medical & Research University, HP and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. The college was established with the objective of fortification the weakest section of the Nation.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla (HPGDC Shimla) Fees Structure and Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of HPGDC Shimla.
|College Name||H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla|
|Popular Name||HPGDC Shimla, H.P. Dental College|
|Location||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Atal Medical & Research University, HP|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India(DCI)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Himachal Pradesh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Atal Medical & Research University, HP
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
HPGDC Shimla Offers the following undergraduate programme and postgraduate programme with the duration and intake capacity.
HPGDC Shimla provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
HPGDC Shimla provides quality education and offers the following MDS course with a duration of 3 years.
|Public Health Dentistry||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about HPGDC Shimla BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental project.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of HPGDC Shimla, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the necessary Courses, which came under HPGDC Shimla. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Himachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling|
HP NEET Counselling 2021 Round 1 Dates (Out)
The schedule for further process of Himachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling 2021 is released by the Atal Medical Research University. The candidates can check the below schedule carefully:
The fee Structure of HPGDC Shimla for undergraduate and postgraduate is mentioned below.
For BDS Fees
|BDS||Rs. Per Annum|
|1st year||45,000(including refundable security of Rs 5000/-after internship)|
|BDS||US $ Per Annum|
|BDS First Year||$10000.00|
|BDS Second Year||$10000.00|
|BDS Third Year||$10000.00|
|BDS Final Year||$10000.00|
For MDS Fees
|MDS||Rs. Per Annum|
|1st year||39,000(including refundable security of Rs 7500/-)|
|BDS||Rs. Per Annum|
(including Rs 3000/-which is refundable after internship)
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2021 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Himachal Pradesh NEET 2021 Counselling
- According to candidates merit ranks, candidates whose name will be enlisted in the state merit list will be called for the HP NEET counselling 2021 process.
- Applicants are required to register for HP NEET Counselling 2021 admission from the official website.
- Then candidates must make their choices/preference of courses and colleges according to their importance for the seat allotment process.
- Candidates allotted seats in HP NEET Counselling 2021 admission must report at the allotted colleges within the specified dates and timings.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants applying to HPGDC Shimla, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of HP Counselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla|
H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital Shimla
Address: Himachal Pradesh, Shimla- 171001
Telephone No: 1772658838
Mobile No: 1772652562
Email Id: email@example.com
Official Website: https://www.hpgdcshimla.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in the HPGDC Shimla?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in HPGDC Shimla is 75.
Q. Does the HPGDC Shimla have a hostel?
A. Yes, the HPGDC Shimla provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to the HPGDC Shimla?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to the HPGDC Shimla.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the HPGDC Shimla?
A. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Q. Is the HPGDC Shimla is government or private?
A. HPGDC Shimla is a government college.