Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Pondicherry. The college is known as IGIDS Pondicherry and was founded in 2006-07. The college is affiliated with the Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University, Puducherry and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The college was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college has become synonymous with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Pondicherry.
Table of Contents
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry
- Course Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry focuses on and coordinates the students’ skill-building and personality development. Seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics etc.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of IGIDS Pondicherry.
|College Name||Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences|
|Popular Name||IGIDS Pondicherry|
|Hospital Attached||Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute|
|Hospital Type||Attached to Medical College|
|Category||Dental College in Pondicherry|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University, Puducherry
- Approved by:– DCI
- Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
These are Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at IGIDS Pondicherry:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|BDS||4 years+1 Year Internship|
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 Years|
|MDS||Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3 Years|
|MDS||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3 Years|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||3 Years|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3 Years|
|MDS||Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 Years|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||3 Years|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years|
MDS Intake Capacity
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3|
|MDS||Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||3|
|MDS||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||3|
|MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3|
|MDS||Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||3|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about the Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you apply for the Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry, these valuable resources will benefit you. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Course: NEET MDS
|Pondicherry NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Pondicherry NEET Counselling|
The fee structure of the college is as follows:
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Pondicherry NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Centralised Admission Committee (Centac) Government Of Puducherry to get themselves registered for Pondicherry NEET UG Counselling 2022. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Step 1: The candidate must visit https://www.centacpuducherry.in/.
- Step 2: Forgetting admission into the MBBS course in Puducherry, the candidates must submit an online application form on the official website of CENTAC Puducherry. After opening the official website, click on Group II, which means professional courses (MBBS, BDS, etc.).
- Step 3: The dashboard page of MBBS admissions will open in a new tab, and the candidates must click on ‘Sign Up. Enter the ‘Registered Mobile Number, E-Mail and other details to create a login account on the official website. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to complete pre-registration, and a login account will be created.
- Step 4: Log in with the credentials. The online application form will be displayed on the screen. Fill in all the personal details carefully. It is mandatory to choose college preferences. The admission committee will reject applications with incomplete details or incorrect details.
- Step 5: After filling in the details, upload the scanned image of the passport-size photograph in JPEG format. The size of the scanned image should not be less than 20kb or more than 50kb. Upload the self-attested copies of the following documents such as Nationality/ Domicile/ Residence Certificate, Class 10 & Class 12 Certificates/ Mark Sheets, Regional Reservation Certificate (if applicable), Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Step 6: Proceed to the payment of the counselling fee after the above-mentioned steps. The counselling fee for the general category is Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 500 for reserved categories.
- Step 7: Take the printout of the application form after the successful completion of the above-mentioned steps. Wait for the seat allotment results.
For aspirants applying to the Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS 2022 scorecard
- NEET MDS 2022 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- (10)SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry
Address: Pondy-Cuddalore Main Road Pillayarkuppam, Pondicherry- 607403
Email Id: email@example.com
Official Website: http://igids.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry is 100.
Q. Does Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry have a hostel?
A. Yes, Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences in Pondicherry?
A. Pondy-Cuddalore Main Road Pillayarkuppam, Pondicherry- 607403
Q. Is Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry is government or private?
A. Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences Pondicherry is Private.