Indira Gandhi Govt. Dental College Jammu is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir. The college is popularly known as IGGDC Jammu and was founded in 2004-05. Indira Gandhi Dental College Jammu was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college has become synonymous with one of the Best Govt—dental Colleges in Jammu.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Indira Gandhi Government Dental College Jammu (IGGDC Jammu) Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Cutoff, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Indira Gandhi Government Dental College Jammu
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
- Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Indira Gandhi Government Dental College Jammu
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of IGGDC Jammu.
|College Name||Indira Gandhi Govt. Dental College & Hospital Amphalla|
|Popular Name||IGGDC Jammu|
|Affiliation with||University of Jammu, Jammu|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations|
|Hospital Attached||Indira Gandhi Govt. College & Hospital|
|Admin Authority||State Govt./UT Administration|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Collaboration with: Indira Gandhi Govt. College & Hospital
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
These are Indira Gandhi Dental College Amphalla Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at IGGDC Jammu:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
IGGDC Jammu Offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with the duration and intake capacity.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
PG Courses & Intake
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||2||3 Years|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||2||3 Years|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||2||3 Years|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||2||3 Years|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||2||3 Years|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||2||3 Years|
We will let you know about IGGDC Jammu BDS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in their skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of IGGDC Jammu, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the required courses under Indira Gandhi Government Dental College Jammu. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Jammu & Kashmir NEET UG Counselling|
Note: The fee structure will be updated soon.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
This section will provide detailed information about the NEET MDS 2022 expected cut-off for General and EWS, SC/ST/OBC, General and EWS – PH, and SC/ST/OBC – PH categories in percentile; candidates can check the expected cutoff here.
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2022 Counselling Process
The counselling will be conducted online, and candidates who wish to participate in it need to register on the official website of JKBOPEE. According to NTA’s official notification, the NEET 2022 exam will be on 17 July 2022. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2022, Let us first look at the Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2022 Counselling information mentioned in this PDF.
J&K NEET Counselling Process
Step 1- Log in Process: Applicants will be required to log into their applicant login portal using their earlier login credentials while filling out the application form.
Step 2- Choice Filling Process: Aspirants must fill in the preferences/choice of courses and colleges to grant J&K NEET 2022 admission.
Step 3- Result of J&K BDS counselling:
It’s wholly based on courses and colleges’ preferences, availability of seats, and reservation categories; authorities will publish the J&K counselling result in 2022. After each round of counselling, the result for each J&K NEET 2022 counselling round will be published separately.
Step 4- Reporting Process:
Candidates who will be allotted seats through J&K NEET counselling 2022 will have to report to the designated colleges with a required document within the selected date & time.
For aspirants applying to MDS courses offered by Swami Devi Dyal Hospital & Dental College Panchkula, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Jammu & KashmirCounselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows the Indira Gandhi Govt. Dental College & Hospital Amphalla Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Jammu & Kashmir & in India:-
|Name of Institute||Indira Gandhi Government Dental College Jammu|
Indira Gandhi Government Dental College Jammu
Address: Rehari Chungi Jammu Jammu & Kashmir Jammu- 180001
Email Id: principaliggdc[-]jk[at]nic[dot]in/ iggdcjprincipal[at]yahoo[dot]com
Official Website: iggdcj.edu.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in the IGGDC Jammu?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in IGGDC Jammu is 50.
Q. Does the IGGDC Jammu have a hostel?
A. Yes, the IGGDC Jammu provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to the IGGDC Jammu?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to the IGGDC Jammu.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the IGGDC Jammu?
A. Rehari Chungi Jammu Jammu & Kashmir Jammu.
Q. Is the IGGDC Jammu is government or private?
A. IGGDC Jammu is a government college.