KM Shah Dental College Vadodara are some of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Ahmedabad. The college is popularly known as KMSDCH Vadodara and was founded in 1999-00. The college is attached to Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. The college has become synonymous with one of the Best Dental Colleges in Vadodara.
If you are searching for complete information about the college, Aspirants are in the right place. In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara BDS & MDS Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Seats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- KM Shah Dental College & Hospital Vadodara
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
KM Shah Dental College & Hospital Vadodara
K.M. Shah Dental College is one of the few with an exclusive implantology department with state of the art equipment for postgraduate students of Oral Surgery Periodontics and Prosthodontics. Studying at K.M.Shah, students experience unique congeniality and unison with S.B.K.S Medical College and research centre, Dhiraj General Hospital, Pharmacy College, Physiotherapy College, Nursing College and Management institute with students coming from different cultures and backgrounds under the umbrella of Sumandeep Vidhyapeeth.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of KMSDCH Vadodara.
|College Name||KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara|
|Popular Name||KM Shah Dental College Vadodara, KMSDCH Vadodara|
|Affiliated to||Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Hospital Attached||Dhiraj General Hospital|
|Hospital Type||Attached with Medical College|
|Category||Dental College in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Gujarat University Ahmedabad
- Approved by: –DCI
- Aid Status:– Private
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Below we discuss, let us look at the course overview offered in KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara.
|BDS||4 years+1 Year Internship|
|Conservative Dentistry||3 Years|
|Oral Pathology||3 Years|
|Oral Surgery||3 Years|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 Years|
|Oral Medicine||3 Years|
MDS Intake Capacity
This section will provide you with information about the KM Shah Dental College MDS specialization and seat capacity; let’s look.
|MDS (Specializations)||Intake (Seat Capacity)|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||5|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||6|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||6|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||5|
|Public Health Dentistry||3|
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||4|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||6|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3|
Here this selection will let you about KMSDCH Vadodara BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in their skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of KM Shah Dental College Vadodara, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the required courses under KM Shah Dental College. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET UG Counselling|
The fee structure of KM Shah Dental College for various Medical Courses is Mentioned Below.
|Course||Fees (Per Year)|
- Only Girls General Hostel: 130400/-
- Only Boys General Hostel: 175400/-
Note: Mentioned Fee is subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Graphical Representation)
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
Gujarat NEET Counselling Process
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates have to make a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that they are a local Ahmedabad/Surat city student from the Dean of the respective institute. This candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or other process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidate must visit the help centre. The list of help centres is mentioned on the admission committee’s website, www.medadmgujarat.org.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants applying to KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For MDS Candidates
Original Copies of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Gujarat Counselling Authority.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara|
KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara
Address: Piparia, Taluka-Waghodia, Vadodara, Gujarat-391760
Official Website: http://dental.sumandeepuniversity.co.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara is 100.
Q. What is the BDS course duration for KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara?
A. KM Shah Dental College Vadodara BDS Course duration is four years.
Q. Does KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara have a hostel?
A. Yes, KMSDCH Vadodara provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to KMSDCH Vadodara.
Q. Can I know the exact location of KMSDCH Vadodara?
A. Piparia, Taluka-Waghodia, Vadodara, Gujarat-391760.
Q. Is KMSDCH Vadodara government or private?
A. KM Shah Dental College and Hospital Vadodara Vadodara are Pvt.