North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Kolkata. The College was founded in the year 1990-91. The College is affiliated with West Bengal University of Health Sciences [WBUHS] Kolkata and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The College was started to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, such as the Rural population. North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Now the College has become synonyms with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Kolkata.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking And Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling
The North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling has become synonyms with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Kolkata.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the important details of North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling.
|Name of Institute||North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling|
|Popular Name||North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling|
|Year of Establishment||1990-91|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)|
|Category||Dental College In West Bengal|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– West Bengal University of Health Sciences [WBUHS] Kolkata
- Approved by:– Dental Council Of India (DCI)
- Aid Status:– Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. Applying for North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling, these valuable resources will benefit you. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
The fee structure of North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling for the Dental undergraduate courses is mentioned below.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Enrollment & Online Fee Payment
- Publication of Seat Matrix -Round 1
- Registration, Choice Filling and Locking of Choices
- Seat Allotment Process – Round 1
- Result Publication – Round 1
- Reporting for admission at the Allotted Institution – Round 1
- Subsequent rounds
For aspirants applying to North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||North Bengal Dental College Darjeeling|
North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling
Address: P.O.: Sushrutnagar; Dist: Darjeeling, West Bengal, Siliguri-734012
Official Website: http://www.nbdch.in/about.php
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling is 50.
Q. Does North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling have a hostel?
A. Yes, North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling.
Q. Can I know the exact location of North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling?
A. P.O.: Sushrutnagar; Dist: Darjeeling, West Bengal, Siliguri-734012
Q. Is North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling is government or private?
A. North Bengal Dental College & Hospital Darjeeling is Government.