The People’s University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women (PUMHS) is a public medical college situated in Shaheed Benazirabad District, Sindh, Pakistan. It is the first women’s clinical college in Sindh. The University is associated with People’s Medical University Hospital and NORIN Cancer Hospital. People’s University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women (PUMHS) offers various medical courses; apart from MBBS, it also offers undergraduate programs like DPT, D-PHARM, Bachelor of Nursing, and BS in Public Health are offered. Postgraduate courses in medicine, public health and community medicine have been provided since 2004.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure
- Country Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
|Name of Institute||Peoples University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women (PUMHS)|
|Year of Establishment||1974|
|Language of Teaching||English/Urdu|
|Registered with||Higher Education Commission, Pakistan|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, Pharmacy|
|Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women Ranking||Country Rank: 199|
World Rank 18502
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|PUMHS Official Website||https://pumhs.edu.pk/|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Pakistan|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||5 Years|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||5 Years|
Pakistan has been one of the preferred destinations for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at the Peoples University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women, Pakistan, check the eligibility below.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery||320,933/Year|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||320,933/Year|
|Language||Official Languages: Urdu/ English|
|Climate||cool, dry winter from December through February; a hot, dry spring from March through May;|
|Time Zone||(GMT+5) Pakistan Standard Time|
|Religion||96.47% are Muslims, 2.14% Hindus, 1.27% Christians, 0.09% Ahmadis and 0.02% others.|
About Nawabshah City
- Nawabshah is a city and headquarters of the Shaheed Benazirabad District of Sindh province, Pakistan. This city is situated in the middle of Sindh province.
- The city is considered one of the hottest cities in Pakistan, with summer temperatures soaring as high as 53 °C or 127.4 °F.
- Temperatures above 45 °C or 113 °F are fairly common during late May and early June.
- Winters start late, around mid-November, lasting to around mid-February, with night-time temperatures often reaching 4 °C or 39.2 °F, and temperatures below 0 °C or 32 °F occurring two or three times on average in January.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the PUMHS located?
A. PUMHS’s address is Hospital Road, Nawabshah, Shaheed Benazirabad, Sindh, Pakistan
Q. What is the MBBS Duration at the PUMHS?
A. MBBS Duration at the PUMHS is 6 Years.
Q. What is the world ranking of the PUMHS?
A. The World Ranking of the PUMHS, 11749 (Sources: 4icu.org/)
- Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, Wikipedia
- National Medical Commission (NMC) Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website