PMS College of Dental Science & Research Thiruvananthapuram is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Kerala. The college is popularly known as PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram and was founded in 2002-03. The college is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. Now the college has become synonymous with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram.
This article will provide you with detailed information about PMS College of Dental Science & Research Thiruvananthapuram Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram
- Course Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- Kerala NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram
The institute focuses and coordinates the prime aim of skill-building and personality development of the students. Seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics etc., are the regular happenings of the institute besides the curricular studies, which, indeed, is its key strength.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of PMS College of Dental Science & Research Thiruvananthapuram.
|College Name||PMS College of Dental Science & Research|
|Popular Name||PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram|
|Affiliated with||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Kerala|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Kerala University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Private
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram Courses Offers the following undergraduate programme with the duration and intake capacity.
|BDS||4 years+1 Year Internship|
MDS Courses Offered
|Oral Surgery||3 years|
|Conservative Dentistry||3 years|
|Oral Pathology||3 years|
|Oral Medicine||3 years|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 years|
MDS Intake Capacity
Here in this selection, we will let you about PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental project.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET MDS
|Kerala NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Kerala NEET Counselling|
The fee structure of PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram for various Medical Courses is Mentioned Below.
|Courses||General Category||NRI Category|
|MDS||8.5 Lakh||15 lakh|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subjected to be changed
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
PMS College of Dental Science and Research, Thiruvananthapuram BDS 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Opening Home State rank||Closing Home State rank|
NEET MDS 2021 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Kerala NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Kerala State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling.
Kerala NEET Counselling Process
Step 1- Log in Process: Candidates must log on to the ‘candidate portal’ to participate in the counselling process.
Step 2- Option registration page: In the next step, applicants will have to create a password and click on the ‘open registration’ button available on the login page.
Step 3- Choice filling and locking: The online choice filling of Kerala NEET counselling will look on the screen. There will be a list of colleges available with college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 4- Kerala NEET seat allotment process: After the choice and locking section, the authority will start Kerala MBBS/BDS seat allotment 2022.
Step 5- Kerala NEET counselling result: After the seat allotment process, CEE, Kerala, releases Kerala NEET 2022 counselling results online.
For aspirants applying to PMS College of Dental Science and Research, Thiruvananthapuram BDS 2020 Cutoff, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of counselling conducted authority.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram|
PMS College of Dental Science & Research Thiruvananthapuram
Address: Golden Hills, Venkode, Vattappara, Trivandrum, Kerala-695028
Phone: +91-472-258 7878,258 7979,
Fax: +91-472-258 7874,
Official Website: http://www.pmscollege.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram is 100.
Q. Does PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram have a hostel?
A. Yes, PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram.
Q. Can I know the exact location of PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram?
A. Medical College Campus, Kozhikode, Kerala-673008.
Q. Is PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram is government or private?
A. PMS Dental College Thiruvananthapuram is a private dental college.