Smt. B. K. Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre Vadodara was founded in 2002. This College is popularly known as SBKS Medical College Vadodara and is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Gujarat. The state government recognizes the College. SBKS Medical College is also known for quality medical education and support healthcare systems. The Institute is affiliated with Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University (Deemed), Vadodara, and is approved by the NMC.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about Smt BK Shah Medical Institute and Research Center Vadodara like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cut off Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking, Contact details etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre Vadodara
- Course Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre Vadodara
SBKS Medical college Vadodara is a constituent college of Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, An Institution Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956, At & Po Piparia, Ta Waghodia, Dist Vadodara, Gujarat -391760. The College is situated in a rural area. The main Campus area is around 65 Acres.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre Vadodara.
|Name of Institute||Smt. B.K.Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre Vadodara|
|Popular Name||SBKS MIRC Vadodara, SBKS Medical College Vadodara|
|Location||Pipaira, Waghodia, Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Affiliated to||Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University (Deemed), Vadodara|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate |
Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS, Paramedical, PG Diploma|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated: Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University (Deemed), Vadodara
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Trust
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
SBKS Medical College Vadodara Course offers an Undergraduate MBBS Course with a total intake of 150 seats annually. The seats are 85% under Management Quota and the balance of 15% through NRI Quota.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
Suppose you take admission to Smt B.K. Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre must know how many MBBS seats are approved.
SBKS Medical College Vadodara provides quality education and offers the following PG courses duration of 3 Years for a PG Degree and two years for a Diploma.
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years|
|MD – Physiology||3 years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 years|
|MD – Pathology||3 years|
|MS – ENT||3 years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 years|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||13|
|MD – Physiology||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||10|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||1|
|MD – Pathology||12|
|MS – ENT||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD – General Medicine||12|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||5|
|MD – Pharmacology||9|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||5|
|MD – Paediatrics||12|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||4|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MS – General Surgery||7|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||15|
|MS – Orthopaedics||8|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||7|
We will let you know about the SBKS MIRC Vadodara in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the SBKS MIRC Vadodara, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Smt BK Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre Vadodara is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
We will inform you about the Smt BK Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre Vadodara MBBS Fees Structure for the academic year 2022-23.
For UG Fees
|MBBS Year & Duration||Fees(AIQ)|
|1st MBBS (Duration = 1 Year)||Rs 15,95,000|
|2nd MBBS (Duration = 1.5 Years)||Rs 23,92,500|
|3rd MBBS (Duration = 1 Year)||Rs 15,95,000|
|Final Year (Duration = 1 Year)||Rs 15,95,000|
|For NRI STUDENT (MBBS)||$35,000/-USD|
|S. No.||Courses||Tuition Fee (per year)||_||_|
|1||M.D. (Radio Diagnosis)||28,50,000/-||25,65,000/-||75,390/-|
|3||M.D. (Dermatology,Venereology & Leprosy)||28,50,000/-||25,65,000/-||75,390/-|
|4||M.D. (General Medicine)||26,50,000/-||23,85,000/-||69,230/-|
|5||M.S. (Obstetrics and Gynaecology )||26,50,000/-||23,85,000/-||69,230/-|
|8||M.S. (General Surgery)||21,50,000/-||19,35,000/-||60,000/-|
|9||M.D. (Respiratory Medicine)||23,50,000/-||21,15,000/-||60,000/-|
|15||M.D. (Community Medicine)||7,50,000/-||6,75,000/-||23,076/-|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to be changed.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants in the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre, Vadodara General Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre, Vadodara OBC Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre, Vadodara SC Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre, Vadodara Economically Weaker Section Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / E.W.S.||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. Candidates can check the Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates must make a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that they are a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective institute, for this candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or other process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidate must visit the help centre. The list of help centres is mentioned on the admission committee’s website, www.medadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats||Name of counselling||Counselling conducting body|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET counselling 2022||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Central/deemed universities||NEET UG counselling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|85% of state quota seats||Gujarat MBBS counselling||ACPUGMEC|
|100% seats in private colleges||Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling||ACPUGMEC|
Aspirants applying to PG courses are offered the following flow chart shows short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre Vadodara Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Gujarat & in India:-
|Name of Institute||SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre Vadodara|
SBKS Medical Instt. and Research Centre Vadodara
Address: At & Po Pipariya, Ta. Waghodia, Vadodara, Gujrat
Official Website: https://sumandeepvidyapeethdu.edu.in/?lang=en
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical aspirants in SBKS Medical College Vadodara?
A. The total intake of medical science aspirants in SBKS Medical College Vadodara is 150.
Q. Does SBKS Medical College Vadodara have a hostel?
A. Yes, SBKS Medical College Vadodara is provided hostel facilities.
Q. Do SBKS Medical College Vadodara provide internships?
A. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year and get a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to SBKS Medical College Vadodara?
A. Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to admission to SBKS Medical College Vadodara.
Q. Can I know the exact location of SBKS Medical College Vadodara?
A. At & Po Pipariya, Ta. Waghodia, Vadodara, Gujrat.
Q. Is SBKS Medical College Vadodara government or private?
A. SBKS Medical College Vadodara is Pvt.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for Smt. B.K Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre?
A. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 450+ will help you to get into a Private Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of Smt. B.K Shah Medical Institute so much?
A. The fees of Smt. B.K Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. Let’s compare the fee structure of SBKS Medical College Vadodara. The average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost, etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at Smt. B.K Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre.
Q. Is a degree from Smt. B.K Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre is Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. You must clear the NEXT exam after completing your approach to practice medicines in India. Studying MBBS from SBKS Medical College Vadodara will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course.
Q. Is Smt. B.K Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre Vadodara is affiliated with National Medical Commission?
A. All the medical colleges in the state of India are affiliated and approved by the National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India)
Q. Does SBKS Institute Of Medical Science and Research have any Bond?
A. Most medical colleges in India issue a complimentary bond for their medical students. It guarantees the medical aspirants that they won’t leave medical college until the completion of the course. This college also offers Bond for their students.