Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga are some of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Karnataka. SDCH Shimoga college is also known as Sharavathi Dental College Shimoga and was founded in the year 1992-93. Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga were started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga (SDCH Shimoga) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and a complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga
- Course Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- Karnataka NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga
The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of SDCH Shimoga.
|College Name||Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga|
|Popular Name||SDCH Shimoga|
|Affiliation with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Hospital Attached||McGann Hospital @ Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Hospital Type||Attached to Medical College|
|Category||Dental College in Karnataka|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga Offer the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with the duration and intake capacity.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
MDS Course Offered
|Oral Surgery||3 years|
|Conservative Dentistry||3 years|
|Oral Pathology||3 years|
|Oral Medicine||3 years|
|Public Health Dentistry||3 years|
MDS Intake Capacity
Here in this selection, we will let you about the Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the required courses under Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Courses: NEET MDS
|Karnataka NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Karnataka NEET UG Counselling|
Here we describe the fee structure of SDCH Shimoga for various courses.
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AQI and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50 percentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
The authorities released the cutoff of NEET MDS 2022 and the result. NEET MDS cutoff 2022 is the minimum qualifying percentile that candidates must secure to secure the national-level entrance test. Candidates can check the NEET MDS 2022 cut-off from NBE from the table below.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria||Cutoff Score (Out of 960)|
|SC/ST/OBC (including PwD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th Percentile||227|
|UR PwD||45th Percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Karnataka NEET 2022 Counselling
The counselling will be conducted online, and candidates who wish to participate in it need to register on the official Website of KEA. Candidates can check the Karnataka NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Karnataka NEET Counselling Process
Step 1 – Login & Registration: To enter Karnataka NEET counselling, applicants can click on the link provided on this page when released. Click on the ‘web counselling’ option, after which applicants require to enter their NEET rank, roll number and registration number of the application form.
Step 2 – Choice filling Process: The online choice filling of Karnataka NEET counselling will look on the screen. There will be a list of colleges available with college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 3 – Saving choices: After successfully selecting & Preference, fill in the details are chosen and click on the ‘save’ button. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number, which must be entered in the space provided, then click on the ‘confirm’ button. The choices filled will be locked automatically after the scheduled time of Karnataka counselling.
For aspirants applying to Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For MDS Candidates
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS scorecard
- NEET MDS Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- (10)SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga|
Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga
Address: T.H Road, Akola, Shimoga, Karnataka-577205
Email Id: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://sharavathidc.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga is 100.
Q. Does Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga have a hostel?
A. Yes, Navodaya Dental College Raichur vides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga?
A. T.H Road, Akola, Shimoga, Karnataka-577205
Q. Is Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga government or private?
A. Sharavathi Dental College and Hospital Shimoga are Private.