Faculty of Medicine, Sri Lalithambigai Medical College and Hospital Chennai (SLMCH Chennai) are some of the best private medical colleges in Tamilnadu. Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai is affiliated with The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and it was established in 2021.
This article will provide you with detailed information about Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai
SLMCH Chennai aims to nurture students with knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to make them competent physician sensitive to their social responsibility and environment serving humanity in a manner that is worthy of the trust placed in them.
Before we go to complete the college review, let us have a look at the essential details of Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai
|Name of Institute||Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai|
|Popular Name||Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai, SLMCH Chennai|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated||The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:-The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R Medical University
Approved by:- N.M.C.
Aid Status:- Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai (SLMCH Chennai) offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||4.5+ year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai (SLMCH Chennai), they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the required courses which come under Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai (SLMCH Chennai). The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
Here we describe the Fee structure of Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai for U.G Course.
Note: The Fee will be updated soon.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai (SLMCH Chennai)|
Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai
Address: Service Road, Adayalampattu, Maduravoyal
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600095
Official Website: https://slmch.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai is 150.
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai?
Ans. Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai is located on Service Road, Adayalampattu, Maduravoyal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600095.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at Sri Lalithambigai Medical College Chennai.