Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research is one of the prestigious Medical colleges in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was founded in the year 1985. It is most popularly known as Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai and aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure. It is one of the leading Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
Hey, Students, if you are interested in pursuing MBBS from Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai, you must know about details such as Fees Structure, Course offered, Sri Ramachandra Medical College Admission 2022, Cut-off, Facilities available, Sri Ramachandra Medical College World Ranking & complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai
Sri Ramachandra Medical College is affiliated with Sri Ramachandra University Chennai and approved by the NMC. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute is a private institute located in Porur, Chennai, India. SRIHER consists of nine constituent colleges and faculties with more than 6000 students. Sri Ramachandra Medical College is one of the best Deemed MBBS colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai. For admission purposes, students can visit the college’s official website mentioned below to get information regarding the college and Sri Ramachandra Medical College Application Form 2022.
|Name of Institute||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai|
|Popular Name||SRMC Chennai, Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||1985|
|Affiliated||Sri Ramachandra University (Deemed) Chennai|
|All India Rank||14|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Sri Ramachandra University (Deemed) Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Deemed
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
Here mentioned Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai facilities like Hostel, Gym, Canteen, Hospital, Ground etc.
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
SRMC Chennai provides quality education and offers the following UG courses.
|MBBS||4.5 + 1 year Internship|
Students who are adamant about pursuing their medical education at Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai should know about the college’s number of seats for UG courses. Therefore, Sri Ramachandra Medical College MBBS Seats is 250.
SRMC Chennai provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
|M.D. Anatomy||3 Years|
|M.D. Physiology||3 Years|
|M.D. Biochemistry||3 Years|
|M.D. Pathology||3 Years|
|M.D. Microbiology||3 Years|
|M.D. Pharmacology||3 Years|
|M.D. Community Medicine||3 Years|
|M.D. Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||3 Years|
|M.D. Forensic Medicine||3 Years|
|M.D. General Medicine||3 Years|
|M.D. Paediatrics||3 Years|
|M.D. Anaesthesiology||3 Years|
|M.D. Radio-Diagnosis||3 Years|
|M.D.Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||3 Years|
|M.D. Psychiatry||3 Years|
|M.D. Respiratory Medicine||3 Years|
|M.D. Sports Medicine||3 Years|
|M.D. Emergency Medicine||3 Years|
|M.S. General Surgery||3 Years|
|M.S. Orthopaedics||3 Years|
|M.S.Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years|
|MS – ENT||3 Years|
|M.S. Ophthalmology||3 Years|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|M.D. Anatomy||6||M.D. Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2|
|M.D. Physiology||5||M.D. Forensic Medicine||3|
|M.D. Biochemistry||4||M.D. General Medicine||24|
|M.D. Pathology||10||M.D. Paediatrics||12|
|M.D. Microbiology||6||M.D. Anaesthesiology||20|
|M.D. Pharmacology||6||M.D. Radio-Diagnosis||14|
|M.D. Community Medicine||4||M.D. Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||6|
|M.D. Psychiatry||4||M.D. Respiratory Medicine||6|
|M.D. Sports Medicine||2||M.D. Emergency Medicine||3|
|M.S. General Surgery||16||M.S. Orthopaedics||18|
|M.S. Obstetrics & Gynaecology||18||MS – ENT||8|
|M.S. Ophthalmology||6||MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||2|
Other Courses & Intake
Here in this selection, we will let you about the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessarily mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
Coimbatore Medical College is responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Chennai; It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Admission 2022 for various programmes is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, then these valuable resources about SRMC Chennai will help you research the college properly.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
We provide detailed information about the Sri Ramachandra Medical College Fees for MBBS and MD/MS courses fees in Indian Currency & NRI. Candidates can check the SRMC Chennai Tuition Fee, caution money, NRI quota fee, minority quota fees, and hostel fees. Let’s have a look.
|Course||Fees per annum|
Sri Ramachandra Medical College PG Fees
We have mentioned Sri Ramachandra Medical College Fees for the postgraduate courses (MD/MS).
|PG Fees (MD)||Fee|
|M.D Community Medicine||8,00,000/-|
|M.D Forensic Medicine||7,00,000/-|
|M.D Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||8,00,000/-|
|M.D Respiratory Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|M.D General Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|M.D Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy||20,00,000/-|
|M.D Sports Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|M.D Emergency Medicine||20,00,000/-|
|PG Fees (MS)||Fee|
|M.S General Surgery||20,00,000/-|
|M.S Obstetrics & Gynaecology||20,00,000/-|
|Super-speciality Fees (DM)||Fee|
|DM (All Branches)||22,00,000/-|
|Super-speciality Fees (M.ch)||Fee|
|M.ch (All Branches)||22,00,000/-|
Note: The Fee will be updated soon.
The Sri Ramachandra Medical College Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Cut Off for Previous Years
Below Mentioned, is the Sri Ramachandra Medical College Cut Off for each & every reserved category of the previous years:-
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank||2021 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research OBC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research SC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research ST Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research PWD Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Sri Ramachandra Medical College, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows Sri Ramachandra Medical College Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Tamil Nadu & in India:-
|Name of Institute||SRMC Chennai|
|All India Rank||14|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
Address: No.1 Ramachandra Nagar, Porur
Chennai – 600116 Tamil Nadu, India
Official Website: https://www.sriramachandra.edu.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai is 250.
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research?
Ans. Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research No.1 Ramachandra Nagar, Porur Chennai – 600116 Tamil Nadu, India
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of SRMC Chennai so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of SRMC Chennai, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at SRMC Chennai.
Q. Is Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai a Deemed College or not?
Yes, Sri Ramachandra Medical College Chennai is a Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.