Top Government Dental Colleges in Punjab: “Punjab”– The land of five rivers. Punjab is well known for its agricultural goods and world-famous Bhangra. The state has so much diversity that you will fall in love with the people and their culture. Apart from its historical background, the state also serves as a prime educational hub for the people of Northern India. In this article will let you know about the Top Government Dental Colleges in Punjab. Becoming a doctor is every dental aspirant’s dream. To achieve your dream, you first have to clear the NEET-UG 2022 Entrance. Most parents and students in Punjab give more weight to Medical Programs than Dental courses. But in the last couple of years, the craze of Dental Studies has grown many folds, and the ratio of students applying for the Dental Entrance exam has increased.
Although the state of Punjab has the most number of dental colleges in Northern India, due to its whopping population, one has to score high in NEET to secure a seat in Dental Colleges. Throughout the article, you will learn about Best Government Dental Colleges in Punjab.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Government Dental Colleges in Punjab
- NEET 2022 Cutoff
- Punjab NEET Counselling 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Government Dental Colleges in Punjab
Here is the updated list of all Government Dental Colleges in Punjab officially made by the Dental Council of India. To know detailed information about Fees Structure, courses offered, Admission Procedure, Cutoff list, Facilities available, and a complete review of Govt. dental colleges in Punjab, click on the college link.
|S. No.||Name of College||Establishment Year||Affiliated with||Fee Structure|
|1||Govt. Dental College & Hospital Patiala||1956-57||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)||MDS:1,25,000/-|
|2||Punjab Govt Dental College & Hospital Amritsar||1952-56||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)||BDS:80,000/-|
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Punjab NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Punjab must register for NEET counselling 2022. Counselling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many government and private Dental colleges are approved by Detective Chief Inspector (DCI)?
A. There are 2 Government and 14 Private Dental Colleges approved by DCI in Punjab.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Government Dental Colleges in Punjab?
A. There are a total of 200+ seats among all the 2 Government Dental Colleges of Punjab.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Private Dental Colleges in Punjab?
A. There are a total of 1240 seats in between all the 14 Private Colleges of Punjab.