Hello Students. Are you preparing for the NEET 2022 Examination? This article will let you know about the List of the Top Government Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh. Becoming a doctor is every medical aspirant’s dream. To achieve your dream, you first have to clear the NEET-UG 2022 Entrance. Most parents and students in Himachal Pradesh give more weight to Engineering Programs than Medical courses. But in the last couple of years, the craze of Medical Studies has grown many folds, and the ratio of students applying for the Medical Entrance exam has increased. We have provided the List of Government Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh.
Although the state of Himachal Pradesh has the most number of medical colleges in Northern India, due to its whopping population, one has to score high in NEET to secure a seat in Medical Colleges. Throughout the article, you will learn about Best Government Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Top Government Medical Colleges in HP
- NEET 2022 Cutoff
- Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Top Government Medical Colleges in HP
Here is the updated list of the Best Govt. Medical Colleges in Himachal Pradesh are officially made by the National Medical Commission. To know detailed information about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off list, Facilities available and complete college review, click on the college link.
|S. No.||Name of Colleges||Establishment Year||Intake Capacity|
|1||Dr Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College Tanda||1996||120|
|2||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||1966||120|
|3||Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar Government Medical College, Nahan||2016||120|
|4||Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru Government Medical College, Chamba||2017||120|
|5||Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College, Mandi, HP||2017||120|
|6||Dr Radhakrishnan Government Medical College, Hamirpur, H.P||2018||120|
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates can visit the official portal of the Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Shimla, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 HP State Counselling. Below we have mentioned step by step process of Counselling.
Himachal Pradesh NEET UG Counselling Procedure
- According to candidates’ merit ranks, candidates whose names will be enlisted in the state merit list will be called for the HP NEET counselling 2022 process.
- Applicants must register for HP NEET Counselling 2022 admission from the official website.
- Then candidates must make their choices/preferences of courses and colleges according to their importance for the seat allotment process.
- Candidates allotted seats in HP NEET Counselling 2022 admission must report at the allotted colleges within the specified dates and timings.
Note: To know more information about Himachal Pradesh NEET Counselling 2022 Click Here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many government and private colleges are approved by National Medical Commission (NMC) in Himachal Pradesh?
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Government Colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
A. There are a total of 720 seats in between all the 6 Government Colleges of Himachal Pradesh.
Q. What is the total no. of seats offered for Private Colleges in Himachal Pradesh?
A. There are a total of 150 seats in the only one Private College in Himachal Pradesh.