Craiova University of Medicine stands out as one of Romania’s premier medical institutions offering programs in English. The University of Treatment Craiova attracts international students primarily through its English 6-year medical study program and a 2-year English Master’s Degree Program in Medical Informatics and Biostatistics. Admission is based on the selection of application files without the requirement of an entrance exam.
The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, in collaboration with the civic community, extends a warm welcome to students from across the globe. This inclusive environment embraces not only Romanians from the entire country, including towns with institutions similar to the University of Medicine Craiova but also international students from Europe, Asia, Africa, America, and beyond.
Before delving into the detailed information about The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova in Romania, let’s first explore the essential details about the college.
|Name of Institute
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova Romania
|Year of Establishment
|Dan- Ionut Gheonea
|Medium of Teaching
|MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy
|Euro- 3680€ (Annually)
INR- Rs. 3,30,000/- (Annually)
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Brussels South Charleroi Airport
|Medical Colleges in Romania
Affiliation and Recognition
The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova has received official recognition from these esteemed organizations.
- National Medical Commission of India (NMC).
- World Health Organization (WHO).
The University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Craiova, Romania, offers high-quality medical programs under the supervision of a highly qualified faculty and modern infrastructure. Renowned for its undergraduate medical programs, the college is particularly celebrated for its MBBS curriculum.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|6 Years (English Medium)
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|6 Years (English Medium)
|5 Years (English Medium)
Why study MBBS at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova?
- The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova is distinguished for its commitment to academic excellence, offering a rigorous and comprehensive MBBS curriculum.
- Benefit from guidance provided by a highly qualified faculty with extensive expertise in medical education.
- Access to modern facilities and advanced technology for an immersive learning experience.
- Join a diverse and inclusive community with students from various backgrounds, fostering a global learning environment.
- Gain practical experience through exposure to diverse clinical settings and hospitals, enhancing your practical skills in the medical field.
To secure admission to the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, it is mandatory for Indian students to meet the criteria of the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET).
Romania is becoming an increasingly popular destination for international students seeking Medical Degree Courses. For those aspiring to pursue MBBS at The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania, it is essential to review the eligibility criteria provided below.
|Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Before seeking admission to The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova in Romania, please ensure not to forget to carry all the required documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Romania.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Romania Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Fee Structure 2024-25
This section provides information on the tuition fees for The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova. The relevant data is presented below:
|Fee in Euro (Annually)
|Fee in INR (Annually)
NOTE:- The Mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and may be subject to change.
According to Unirank, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova ranking in the country and all over the world:-
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova in Country
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova World Ranking
About Craiova City
- Craiova is Romania’s 6th largest city and capital of Dolj County and is situated near the east bank of the river Jiu in central Oltenia. It is a longstanding political centre located approximately equal distances from the Southern Carpathians and the River Danube.
- It has a population of about 2.94 lakhs and covers approximately 81.41 km.
- Craiova, city, capital of Dolj județ (county), southwestern Romania.
- It is situated near the Jiu River, 115 miles (185 km) west of Bucharest.
The University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova Romania
Address: Strada Petru Rareș 2, Craiova 200349, Romania
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova located?
A. University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania address is Strada Petru Rareș 2, Craiova 200349, Romania
Which country is best for Indian students to study abroad?
Canada, Germany, Australia, the United States and Italy are some of the best destinations for Indian students to study abroad.
Can middle-class students study abroad?
Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically intelligent students.