The Washington University of Barbados was laid out in 2016 and was conceded a contract from the Ministry of Education of Barbados during that same year. The college professed to be given to planning and teaching understudies from across the globe to become proficient specialists. Washington University of Barbados is one of the few universities that implement the elements of USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing Examination) within its curriculum.
Hey Students, here we have tried to keep you updated & informed about one of the Best Medical Colleges in the West Indies, i.e. Washington University of Barbados.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Student Support
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Fee Structure
- Ranking & Reputation
- Country Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before we go through the detailed information about the WUB West Indies. Let’s look at the college’s major details.
|Name of Institute||Washington University of Barbados|
|Year of Establishment||2016|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Registered with||Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Ranking||country rank: 2|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor for Admission||Call Now +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in WestIndies|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: (NMC), (WHO)
- Aid Status: Public
- Affiliation: N/A
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Local Language Learning Classes||NMC Screening Test Help Centre|
WUB West Indies offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|Doctor of Medicine||6 Years|
If you want to take admission to the Washington University of Barbados, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET Exam that will help boost your preparation.
West Indies has been a preferred destination for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study at the Washington University of Barbados, check the eligibility below.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Before taking admission at WUB, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Bulgaria.
- Authorization of all documents from the Medical University in the West Indies.
- Legalization of all documents from the Bulgarian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
We have provided information regarding the Washington University of Barbados Fees for Indian Students.
|Doctor of Medicine||16000 USD/ Year|
Note; The Mentioned fee is approximate and subject to change.
Ranking & Reputation
This section shows the WUB West Indies Ranking all over Country & World Ranking all over the world:-
|Name of Institute||Washington University of Barbados|
|Ranking||World Rank: 11370|
Country Rank: 2
Graphical Representation of Washington University of Barbados Ranking
The West Indies is a subregion of North America, surrounded by the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea that includes 13 independent island countries and 18 dependencies and other territories in three major archipelagos: the Greater Antilles, the Lesser Antilles, and the Lucayan Archipelago.
|Language||Official Languages: English|
|Climate||Winters are cold and snowy, and summers are warm and humid|
|Time Zone||(GMT-5) Eastern Standard Time|
|Currency||JMD Jamaican Dollar|
About Barbados City
- Barbados is an island country in the Lesser Antilles of the West Indies.
- It occupies an area of 432 km2 (167 sq mi) with a population of about 287,000.
- Barbados is a developed and peaceful country with a very high quality of life.
- The country generally experiences two seasons, one of which includes noticeably higher rainfall. Known as the “wet season”, this period runs from June to December. By contrast, the “dry season” runs from December to May.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is the Washington University of Barbados located?
A. Washington University of Barbados address is Casa Grande, Barbados
Q. What is the MBBS Duration at the Washington University of Barbados?
A. MBBS Duration at the Washington University of Barbados is 6 Years.
Q. What is the world ranking of the Washington University of Barbados?
A. The World Ranking of the Washington University of Barbados world ranking 11370.
- Washington University of Barbados, Wikipedia
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- United States Dollar, Wikipedia