B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad was founded in the year of 1946. This institute is one of the prestigious Medical colleges in Gujarat. The College is popularly known as BJMC Ahmedabad. Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College is one of the largest medical institutes in the country. It is situated in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. This College is affiliated with Gujarat University and is approved by the N.M.C.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details of B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad, like Admission Procedures, Courses, Total Number of seats, Cutoffs, Facilities, Fee Structure, Reviews, Ranking etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad
BJMC Ahmedabad had humble beginnings, starting with 14 students who pursued hospital assistant training. In 1879, Sir Byramjee Jeejeebhoy donated Rs.20,000/- and therefore, the school was renamed B. J. school of medicine. The varsity grew and became affiliated with the school of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay in 1917.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad.
|Name of Institute||BJ Medical College Ahmedabad|
|Popular Name||BJMC Ahmedabad|
|Year of Establishment||1946|
|Affiliated with||Gujarat University|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (N.M.C.)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, M.S., M.D., DIPLOMA|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated: Gujarat University.
- Approved by: N.M.C.
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
BJMC Ahmedabad provides quality education and offers the following U.G. course.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
BJMC Ahmedabad provides quality education and offers the following P.G. courses.
P.G. Intake Capacity
|MD – General Medicine||28||MD – Microbiology||9|
|MD – Psychiatry||5||MD – Pathology||26|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||49||MD – Pharmacology||8|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||16||MD – Physiology||10|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||10||MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||10|
|MS – Orthopaedics||16||MS – ENT||5|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||8||MD/MS – Ophthalmology||24|
|MS – General Surgery||28||MD – Paediatrics||15|
|MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||4||MD – Palliative Medicine||2|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||9||MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||6|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||5||MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||18|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||4||MD – Bio-Chemistry||3|
We will let you know about the BJMC Ahmedabad here in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the BJMC Ahmedabad, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at BJMC Ahmedabad is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||U.G. Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For U.G. Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling|
For P.G. Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of BJMC Ahmedabad for various medical courses is mentioned below.
|Course||Fees (Full Course)|
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||25,000/- (Govt. Quota)|
|Course||Fees (Full Course)|
|Master of Surgery(M.S.)+Doctor of Medicine(M.D.)||9,000/-|
Amount to be paid at the time of Admission: 25,000/-
1,200/- Per year
NOTE: subject to be changed.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and the state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the U.R. category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & P.H.||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & P.H.||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
BJ Medical College Ahmedabad 2021 General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
BJ Medical College Ahmedabad 2021 O.B.C. Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank|
BJMC Ahmedabad cut-off 2021
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / E.W.S.||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including P.W.D. of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for P.G. courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. Candidates can check the Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF Here.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- P.I.N. for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates have to take a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that he/she is a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective institute; this candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For N.R.I. Candidates only: After the online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or further process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidate must visit the help centre. The list of help centres is mentioned on the website of the admission committee, www.medadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats||Name of counselling||Counselling conducting body|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET counselling 2022||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Central/deemed universities||NEET UG counselling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|85% of state quota seats||Gujarat MBBS Counselling||ACPUGMEC|
|100% seats in private colleges||Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling||ACPUGMEC|
For aspirants applying to P.G. courses offered by B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this College will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
For U.G. Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- I.D. proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For P.G. Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/P.A.N. Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the H.S.C. mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||BJ Medical College Ahmedabad|
BJ Medical College Ahmedabad
Address: New Civil Hospital Asarwa, Ahmedabad-380016, Gujarat, India
Official Website: http://www.bjmc.org/BJMedical
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
Q. How many seats are there for medical aspirants in B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad?
A. The total intake of medical science aspirants in B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad is 250.
Q. Does BJ Medical College Ahmedabad have a hostel?
A. Yes, BJ Medical College Ahmedabad is provided hostel facilities.
Q. Do BJ Medical College Ahmedabad provide internships?
A. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to B.J. Medical College Ahmedabad.
Q. Can I know the exact location of B.J Medical College Ahmedabad?
A. New Civil Hospital Asarwa, Ahmedabad-380016, Gujarat, India.
Q. Is BJ Medical College Ahmedabad government or private?
A. BJ Medical College Ahmedabad is Govt.