Smt NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad was founded in 1963 by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC). The College is popularly known as NHL Medical College Ahmedabad. Smt NHL Medical College Ahmedabad is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Gujarat, which became only the second Municipal Corporation in India to establish its own Medical College. It is affiliated with Gujarat University and is approved by NMC.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, NEET Cutoff, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking, Contact details etc.
Table of Contents
- Smt. NHL Medical College Ahmedabad
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fees Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Smt. NHL Medical College Ahmedabad
Smt NHL Medical College Ahmedabad offers MBBS, Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), and Diploma in Radiography as Undergraduate courses and M.Ch, DM, MS, and MD for Post-Graduation. Admission to all or any programs is granted on the idea of NEET. Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad.
|Name of Institute||Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad.|
|Popular Name||NHLMMC Ahmedabad|
|Year of Establishment||1963|
|Affiliated with||Gujarat University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC.)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS, MD, Diploma,|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated: Gujarat University.
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
PG Intake Capacity
|MS – ENT||10||MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||6||MD – Pathology||13|
|MD – Physiology||4||MD – Anaesthesiology||24|
|Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||3||MD – General Medicine||32|
|MD – Paediatrics||20||MS – General Surgery||32|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||14||MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||15||MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Microbiology||4||MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||32|
|MS – Orthopaedics||16||MD – Respiratory Medicine||3|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||5||MD – Emergency Medicine||6|
|MD – Pharmacology||4||MD – Bio-Chemistry||1|
We will let you know about the NHLM Ahmedabad here in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the NHLMMC Ahmedabad, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at NHLMMC Ahmedabad is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of Smt NHL Medical College Ahmedabad for various courses is mentioned below.
|Courses||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|MBBS||5.93 Lakhs||18.25 Lakhs||27000$|
|Courses||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota (All Courses)|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to be changed.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cut-off scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cut-off for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cut-off score (out of 800)|
|General / E.W.S.||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To be admitted to all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cut-off score with the following given NEET score and percentile.
|Categories||Cut-off Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad cut-off 2021
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
|MD Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy||General||2442||4595|
|MD Emergency Medicine||General||10519||15718|
|MD Forensic Medicine||General||49317||74022|
|MD General Medicine||General||1776||3331|
|MD Respiratory Medicine||General||5418||9813|
|MD Social and Preventive Medicine||General||43079||63407|
|MS General Surgery||General||7642||13424|
|MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology||General||6073||8692|
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. Candidates can check the Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the Website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates must make a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that they are a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective Institute. For this, the candidate has to contact a separate College.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they must submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or other process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidates must visit the help centre. The list of help centres is mentioned on the admission committee’s Website, www.medadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats||Name of counselling||Counselling conducting body|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET counselling 2022||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Central/deemed universities||NEET UG counselling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|85% of state quota seats||Gujarat MBBS Counselling||ACPUGMEC|
|100% seats in private colleges||Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling||ACPUGMEC|
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by Smt NHL Medical College Ahmedabad, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this College will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad|
Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College Ahmedabad
Address: Ellis Bridge, Ahmedabad Gujarat – 380006. (India)
Official Website: http://www.nhlmmc.edu.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Do they have PG courses?
Ans. Yes, they do offer post-graduate programs also.
Q. What this College provides all facilities?
Ans. They provide world-class facilities to students, including a Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Hospital, Transport, Computer labs etc.
Q. Can you please provide their address?
Ans. Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College Puritan Rai Cross Road, Ellis Bridge, Paldi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380006
Q. How can a student get admission to St. NHL Municipal Medical College?
Ans. Students must qualify for NEET-UG 2022 to get admission to this prestigious College.
Q. Is it a government college?
Ans. Yes, it is a government college.
Q. Is it only a women’s College?
Ans. No, it is a co-ed college. Both girls and boys can be admitted to this College.