Christian Medical College Vellore is one of the oldest Medical colleges in Vellore, located at Vellore. It was established in 1942. Christian Medical College Vellore is most popularly known as CMC Vellore which aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructures.
It is one of the leading best Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu. Christian Medical College Vellore is affiliated with Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Hey Students, If you are interested in admission from Christian Medical College Vellore, then you should know about CMC Vellore Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut Off, Facilities available and complete Christian Medical College Vellore reviews, & more!
Table of Contents
- Christian Medical College Vellore
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (out)
- Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Christian Medical College Vellore
Christian Medical College Vellore is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai. CMC Vellore was started as a one-bedded clinic-cum-dispensary in 1942 by Dr Ida Sophia Scudder, the daughter of second-generation medical missionaries.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Christian Medical College Vellore. For admission purposes, if you are looking forward to pursuing MBBS from this college then you must provide NEET Score Card.
|Name of Institute||Christian Medical College Vellore|
|Popular Name||CMC Vellore|
|Year of Establishment||1942|
|Affiliated||Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai|
|All India Rank||3|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University Chennai
Approved by:- N.M.C.
Aid Status:- Trust
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
These are Christian Medical College Vellore Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested to study or already studying at CMC Vellore:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||–|
Christian Medical College Vellore offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||4.5+ 1 year Internship|
If you are interested in pursuing MBBS from CMC Vellore, then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the college is offering. CMC Vellore MBBS Seats is 100.
|Branch Name||No. of Seats||Duration (Years)|
|M.D. Community Medicine||6||3|
|M.D. Derm, Vener & Leprosy||5||3|
|M.D. Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||4||3|
|M.D. Family Medicine||2||3|
|M.D. General Medicine||16||3|
|M.S. General Surgery||10||3|
|M.S. Obs & Gyn||17||3|
|M. S. Orthopedics||12||3|
|M.D. Physical Med & Rehab||4||3|
|M.D. Radio diagnosis||12||3|
|M.D. Respiratory Medicine||4||3|
|M.D. Transfusion Medicine||3||3|
|M.D. Nuclear Medicine||2||3|
|Diploma in Clinical Pathology||4||2|
|M.D. Emergency Medicine||3||3|
|MS – ENT||8||3|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about Christian Medical College Vellore MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from CMC Vellore are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessarily mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As Christian Medical College Vellore, they are responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at CMC Vellore is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. For Admission, students are informed to provide or inform about their NEET Score.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2022||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of C.M.C. Vellore is different for each Course, so it is necessary to note down the fee structure of a particular course that you want to do.
|Tuition fee (per year)||3,000.00|
|One time College fee at admission||7,300.00|
|Another annual fee||23,605.00|
|One-time payment to the University||14,425.00|
|College Fee Total||48,330.00|
|Hostel charges -Deposits and advances||Men||10,000.00|
Hostel Fee (Monthly)
|Monthly bills||Men||(approx) 6,000.00|
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Christian Medical College Vellore 2021 Qualifying Marks
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th|
Christian Medical College Vellore Cut Off 2020
|Category||Qualifying Score||Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved Ph||120-133||45 %|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||107-133||40 %|
Christian Medical College Vellore Cut Off 2019
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|Physically Handicapped (Unreserved)||466|
|Physically Handicapped (UR/OBC/SC/ST)||209|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (out)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Tamil Nadu NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. For more information on Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
First Phase of TN MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
- The candidates should pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) towards the Processing Fee by means of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai on the scheduled date of counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and appear in person with all the original certificates to the venue per the schedule.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the first phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the temporary allotment order.
- The candidates who have been allotted seats and failed to join the course within the stipulated time are not eligible to attend the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023. This applies to all stages of counselling
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the first phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the counselling processes and will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent counselling steps for the academic year 2022 or 2023.
Second Phase of Tamil Nadu MBBS & BDS Counselling Procedure:
When a candidate is scheduled to attend the second phase of counselling, then the candidate has to pay the processing fee of Rs.500/-. The candidates who are waitlisted/allotted need not pay the processing fee. The candidates who wish to retain the college taken in the first phase of counselling need not participate in second or mop-up round counselling.
- The candidates can download the call letter and attend the counselling.
- Re-allotment / allotment for the vacancies arising due to not joining the candidates allotted under State Quota and the unfilled seats from the All India Quota in Government Medical Colleges and newly created seats, if any will be done based on the rank following the rule of reservation.
- During the second phase of counselling, candidates will be permitted to opt for the course/college as per rank and by following the rule of reservation from General rank one.
- The candidates who failed to appear in person for the second phase of counselling are deemed to have opted out of the processes of counselling and/she will not be allowed to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling for the academic year 2022-2023.
- The candidates who have selected the seats in the second phase of counselling after certificate verification should receive the provisional allotment order. The candidates should join the course on or before the date mentioned in the provisional allotment order.
- If a candidate fails to join the College within the stipulated time, they will not be permitted to participate in the subsequent phases of counselling.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows CMC Vellore Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Tamil Nad& in India:-
|Name of Institute||C.M.C. Vellore|
|All India Rank||3|
Christian Medical College Vellore
Address: Ida Scudder Road, Vellore
632004 Tamil Nadu, India
Official Website: https://www.cmch-vellore.edu/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in Christian Medical College Vellore?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants a Christian Medical College Vellore is 150
Q. What are the courses offered in this College?
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Q. Does Christian Medical College Vellore have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do Christian Medical College Vellore provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Christian Medical College Vellore?
Ans. Christian Medical College Vellore Ida Scudder Road, Vellore 632004 Tamil Nadu, India
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of CMC Vellore so much?
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of CMC Vellore then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from CMC Vellore.