CU Shah Medical College and Hospital Surendranagar are some of the premier medical colleges in Gujarat. The college is popularly known as CUSMC Surendra Nagar. It was founded in the year 2000. The Campus is spread over 36-acre land with a thoroughly modern facility. The Institute has provided various departments with UG, PG, and diploma courses. It is affiliated with Saurashtra University and is approved by the NMC.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about CU Shah Medical College, Surendra Nagar, like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cut off Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- CU Shah Medical College Surendra Nagar
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
CU Shah Medical College Surendra Nagar
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of CU Shah Medical College, Surendra Nagar.
|Name of Institute||CU Shah Medical College Surendra Nagar Gujarat|
|Popular Name||CUSMC Gujarat|
|Year of Establishment||2000|
|Affiliated with||Saurashtra University|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, M.S, M.D, PG DIPLOMA|
|Category||Medical College in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Saurashtra University
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Trust
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
Here in this section, you can get the complete details of the CUSMC Surendra Nagar Courses offered, and candidates are advised to check the full course details.
CUSMC Gujarat provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
CUSMC Gujarat provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
|MD – Microbiology||3 years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years|
|MD – Pathology||3 years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years|
|MS – ENT||3 years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD – Microbiology||2|
|MS – General Surgery||6|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4|
|MD – Pathology||7|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||3|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||1|
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||9|
|MD – General Medicine||8|
|MS – ENT||1|
|MS – Orthopaedics||4|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||2|
Here in this selection, we will inform you about the CUSMC Gujarat. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the CUSMC Gujarat, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at CUSMC Gujarat is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of CUSMC Surendra Nagar for various UG and PG Courses is mentioned below.
|Courses||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|MBBS||6.26 Lakhs||15.00 Lakhs||22 Lakh|
|G.Q (In Lakhs)||M.Q. (In Lakhs)||NRI (In Lakhs)|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||22.00||–||–|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to be changed.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling.
- Aspirants in the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / E.W.S.||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates can students can purchase a PIN for the online registration tree for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. Candidates can check the Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates must make a prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at the Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that they are a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective institute, for this candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ help centre list the office of ACPU admission committee’s website agar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or other process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidate must visit the help centre—the help centre list is mentioned on the admission committee’s websitemedadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats||Name of counselling||Counselling conducting body|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET counselling 2022||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Central/deemed universities||NEET UG counselling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|85% of state quota seats||Gujarat MBBS counselling||ACPUGMEC|
|100% seats in private colleges||Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling||ACPUGMEC|
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by CUSMC Surendra Nagar, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||CU Shah Medical College Surendra Nagar|
CU Shah Medical College Surendra Nagar, Gujarat(CUSMC Surendra Nagar)
Address: Dudhrej Road, Surendranagar, Gujarat 363001
Official Website: http://www.cusmc.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical aspirants in CUSMC Surendranagar?
A. The total intake of medical science aspirants in CUSMC Surendranagar is 100.
Q. Does CUSMC Surendranagar have a hostel?
A. Yes, CUSMC Surendranagar is provided hostel facilities.
Q. Do CUSMC Surendranagar provide internships?
A. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year and get a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to CUSMC Surendranagar?
A. Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to CUSMC Surendranagar.
Q. Can I know the exact location of CUSMC Surendranagar?
A. Dudhrej Road, Surendranagar, Gujarat 363001.
Q. Is CUSMC Surendranagar government or private?
A. CUSMC Surendranagar is Pvt.