KJ Somaiya Medical Hospital and Research Centre were established in the year 1991 by Karamshi Jethabhai Somaiya. The College is popularly known as KJSMC Mumbai. KJ Somaiya Medical College is recognised by the NMC and is affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
In the article, we will share all the essential details about KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Mumbai like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- KJ Somaiya Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Mumbai
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
KJ Somaiya Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Mumbai
The K.J. Somaiya Medical College is a Private Medical College-owned and managed by the Somaiya Medical Trust and is situated in the Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex in the heart of Mumbai.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the College details of KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre Mumbai.
|Name of Institute||KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre Mumbai|
|Popular Name||KJSMC Mumbai|
|Year of Establishment||1995|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated to: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: NMC
- Aid Status: Private
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|24/7 Security Services||Computer labs|
|Library||In House Cafeteria|
|Hostel (Boys & Girls)||Gym|
KJSMC Mumbai offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
KJSMC Mumbai provides quality education and offers the following UG courses.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Below have mentioned UG course intake capacity of KJ Somaiya Medical College.
KJSMC Mumbai provides quality education and offers the following PG courses.
|MD (Paediatrics)||3 Years|
|MS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)||3 Years|
|PG Diploma||1 Year|
Below have mentioned PG course intake capacity of KJ Somaiya Medical College.
|MD – General Medicine||2|
|MD – Paediatrics||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about KJSMC Mumbai MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from KJ Somaiya Medical College are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessarily mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of KJSMC Mumbai, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at KJSMC Mumbai is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Courses: NEET PG
|Maharashtra NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Maharashtra NEET UG Counselling|
For PG Courses: Maharashtra NEET PG Counselling
Here, we have mentioned the fee structure of KJSMC Mumbai, and students must go through this information before filling out the application form.
Below we have mentioned the Fees Structure of the UG Course at KJ Somaiya Medical College.
|Course||Fee ( Annual)|
Below we have mentioned the Fees Structure of the PG Course at KJ Somaiya Medical College.
|Course||Fee ( Annual)|
Note: Mentioned Fee Subjected to be Change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. The merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra’s official portal, to get themselves registered for Maharashtra State MBBS & BDS Counselling 2022. But, first, let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2022. Below we have mentioned step by step process of counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
- Registration Process: Applicants have to register online for the counselling process and fill in all the required details in the form carefully.
- Provisional Merit List: After the successful completion of the registration process, a merit list will be prepared.
- Document Verification Process: Shortlisted applicants will be able to proceed with the document verification process; you have to choose any one centre for document verification at the time of registration.
- Choice Filling Process: Applicants can fill in their choices/preferences through online mode.
- Seat Allotment: Applicants will be selected based on merit, preferences filled by them and availability of seats.
- Reporting Process: As per the seat allotment, you must report to the allotted college and carry their original documents and their photocopies to the allotted college on the prescribed date and time.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of Maharashtra Medical Counselling Committee (MMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This Section will provide you with the KJSMC Mumbai Ranking and Reputation.
|Name of Institute||KJSMC Mumbai|
KJ Somaiya Medical Hospital and Research Mumbai
Location: Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex, Eastern Express Highway,
Sion (East), Mumbai- 400 022.
Email: College: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: https://kjsmc.somaiya.edu/KJSMC/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in KJSMC Mumbai?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in KJSMC Mumbai is 100.
Q. What are the courses offered in this college?
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and PG Diploma Courses.
Q. Does KJSMC Mumbai have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this college does provide hostel facilities for both males and females.
Q. Do KJSMC Mumbai provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of KJSMC Mumbai?
Ans. KJSMC Mumbai is located at Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex, Eastern Express Highway, Sion(East), Mumbai- 400 022.