Government Medical College Keonjhar is one of Bharatpur’s newly established Government medical colleges. The College is Popularly Known as GMC Keonjhar. The College is affiliated with the MSCBD University, Baripada, and is approved by National Medical Commission (NMC). The College campus spreads over a sprawling area of 44.40 Acres. The present teaching hospital ( DHH, Keonjhar ) is situated in the main town of Keonjhar.
This article will provide detailed information about Government Medical College Keonjhar Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- NEET 2022 Cutoff
- Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of Government Medical College and Hospital Keonjhar.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College and Hospital Keonjhar|
|Popular Name||GMCH Keonjhar|
|Location||Keonjhar, Odisha, India|
|Year of Establishment||2022|
|Affiliated to||MSCBD University, Baripada|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Category||Medical College in Odisha|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: MSCBD University, Baripada
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Govt.
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
Below we have discussed the courses offered at Government Medical College and Hospital, Keonjhar.
|MBBS||4.6+1 Years Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about Government Medical College and Hospital Keonjhar. MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Government Medical College and Hospital Keonjhar, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programs at Government Medical College Keonjhar is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this College, these Useful Resources about Government Medical College and Hospital Keonjhar will help you do proper research about the College.
|Admission Procedure||UG Course- NEET UG |
PG Course- NEET PG
|Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling||UG Courses– Odisha NEET UG Counselling|
PG Courses- Odisha NEET PG Counselling
The Government Medical College Keonjhar fee structure for various courses is affordable and is mentioned below.
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling
Candidates can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Odisha State Counselling. Before we speak about the counseling procedure for Odisha NEET 2022, Let us first look at the Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling schedule.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Keonjhar|
Government Medical College Keonjhar
Address: Railway Crossing, Near Kabitra, D.D, College Road
Keonjhar, Odisha 758002
Official Website: https://gmchkeonjhar.odisha.gov.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How many MBBS Seats are in Government Medical College Keonjhar?
There are 100 MBBS seats in Government Medical College Keonjhar.
Establishment year of Government Medical College Keonjhar?
Government Medical College Keonjhar is established in 2022.
How many Medical Colleges are in Odisha?
There are 15 Medical Colleges in Odisha.
How many Private Medical Colleges are in Odisha?
There are 4 Private Medical Colleges in Odisha.
How many Govt. Medical Colleges in Odisha?
There is 11 Govt. Medical Colleges in Odisha.