J.N. Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Imphal. The college is popularly known as Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal, and it was founded in 2017-18. The college is affiliated with Manipur University Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur, and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
This article will provide you with detailed information about the J.N. Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal
- Course Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- Manipur NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal
The institute focuses on and coordinates the prime aim of skill-building and personality development of the students. Seminars, conferences, debates, sports, dramatics etc., are the regular happenings of the institute besides the curricular studies, which, indeed, is its key strength.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the J.N. Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal.
|College U.R.me||JN Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal|
|Popular Name||JNIDS Imphal, Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal|
|Hospital Attached||J.N. Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Hospital Type||Attached to Medical College|
|Category||Dental College in Manipur|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Manipur University Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Govt.
These are JNIDS Imphal, Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at JNIDS Imphal:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal Courses Offers the following undergraduate programme with the duration and intake capacity.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about JNIDS Imphal BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the required courses under the JN Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
|Manipur NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Manipur NEET Counselling|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Manipur NEET 2022 Counselling
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Health Services official portal, Government of Manipur, to register for NEET 2022 Manipur State Counselling. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
Manipur NEET Counselling Process
- The state counselling conducted authority prepares the state merit list based on which applicants are called for counselling.
- The seats will be allotted to the applicants according to the applicants’ rank in the NEET exam.
- The seats will be provided after the applicants’ choice, and they will be displayed on the official website on a specified schedule.
- Applicants will be allowed for the choice filling and locking process after the verification of all required documents.
- Then you have to report to the allotted college for admission within the prescribed date and time.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows the Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Manipur & in India:-
|Name of Institute||JN Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal|
JN Institute of Dental Sciences Imphal
Address: Porompat, Imphal East Imphal Manipur-795005
Email Id: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal is 50.
Q. Does JNIDS Imphal have a hostel?
A. Yes, Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal.
Q. Can I know the exact location of JNIDS Imphal?
A. Porompat, Imphal East Imphal Manipur-795005.
Q. Is JNIDS Imphal government or private?
A. Jawaharlal Nehru Dental College Imphal is a government dental college.