Kannur Medical College Kannur was established in the year 2006, and it is well known as KMC Kannur, located in Kannur Kerala. It is one of the emerging and premier Medical Colleges in Kerala. The College is a self-financing private medical college which is situated in Anjarakandy, Kannur (Kerala).
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about Kannur Medical College Kannur, like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Contact Details, Review, Ranking etc.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Kannur Medical College Kannur
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG Cutoff
- Kerala NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Kannur Medical College Kannur
Kannur Medical College enjoys a worldwide reputation for its high-quality content and rich hands-on experience with international exposure. For India, this international orientation, including education and training, is a must for survival in an increasingly internationalised world.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Kannur Medical College Kannur.
|Name of Institute||Kannur Medical College Kannur|
|Popular Name||KMC Kannur|
|Year of Establishment||2006|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kerala|
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur
Approved by:- NMC
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
This college provides MBBS courses for Medical Students, which have an Intakes capacity of 150 Seats.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||2||MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||1|
|MD – Psychiatry||2||MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||1||MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD – Microbiology||2||MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2||MD – Pathology||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you about KMC Kannur MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of KMC Kannur, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programmes at Kannur Medical College is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Kannur Medical College will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Kerala NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Kerala NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Kerala NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of the college is as follows:
|Particulars(Course-MBBS)||Fee per annum|
|Fee for Management Quota||5,00,000/-|
|Fee for NRI Students||20,00,000/-|
|PG Clinical||PG non-Clinical||PG Dip.||PG Super spec.||NRI Quota|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (OUT)
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Kerala NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates who have appeared in NEET (UG)-2022 and opting for admission to Medical courses such as MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha & Unani and Allied courses such as Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries shall have to submit online their NEET (UG)-2022 result details to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations for preparing the respective State rank lists. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
KEAM 2022 Important Points of Kerala MBBS & BDS Admission
- Candidates who do not submit their NEET (UG)-2022 results to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations within the stipulated time shall not be considered for preparation of the rank list for Medical & Medical Allied courses.
- Candidates who have already submitted applications for admission to Medical & Medical Allied courses under KEAM 2022 and who have qualified in the NEET (UG)-2022 conducted by the NTA, as per the eligibility criteria mentioned in the prospectus clause, 9.7.5 (ii) & (iii) can submit NEET result to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations online.
Kerala NEET UG Counselling Procedure
Step 1- Log in Process: Candidates must log on to the ‘KEAM 2022 Candidate Portal’ to participate in the counselling process.
Step 2- Option registration page: In the next step, applicants must create a password and click on the ‘open registration’ button on the login page.
Step 3- Choice filling and locking: The online choice filling of Kerala NEET counselling will look on the screen. A list of colleges will be available with college, college code, place, courses, and the district name.
Step 4- Kerala NEET seat allotment process: After the choice and locking section, the authority will start Kerala MBBS/BDS seat allotment 2022.
Step 5- Kerala NEET counselling result: After the seat allotment process, CEE, Kerala, releases Kerala NEET 2022 counselling results online.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||KMC Kannur|
Kannur Medical College(KMC Kannur)
Address: Anjarakandy Integrated Campus
Anjarakandy PO, Kannur – 670612 Kerala, India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in KMC Kannur?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in KMC Kannur is 150.
Q. What are the courses offered in this college?
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), MS, MD and Diploma.
Q. Does KMC Kannur have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, this college does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Q. Do KMC Kannur provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. Can I know the exact location of KMC Kannur?
Ans. KMC Kannur is located at Anjarakandy Integrated Campus
Anjarakandy PO, Kannur Kerala.
Q. Is a degree from KMC Kannur Valid?
Ans. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from KMC Kannur will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after the completion of the course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for KMC Kannur?
Ans. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis anything around 450+will help you to get Pvt Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do Tuition Fees of KMC Kannur so much?
Ans. The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of KMC Kannur then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at KMC Kannur.