MBBS in Italy is one of the world’s most fashionable and beautiful places. Right? Studying MBBS Courses in Italy is just about turning those feelings into reality. Nothing could ever go wrong with a destination that provides a rewarding investment of time, finance, and career acquisition, including quality and affordable medical education.
If you are intrigued about MBBS in Italy 2023 Winter Session, then stay on the page and read the whole article. We will discuss every aspect of MBBS In Italy from 2023-2024, which will help you score a seat in the country’s best medical university.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Country Summary
- Quick Facts
- Why Study MBBS in Italy? (Graphical Representation)
- MBBS in Italy 2023 Fact Check
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Procedure
- Documents Required
- MBBS Syllabus in Italy
- Fees Structure
- Top MBBS Colleges in Italy
- Pros & Cons
Italy is f natural beauty and cultural heritage nation, making it a perfect destination for Indian medical students to pursue their MBBS abroad. It is a country in south-central Europe, occupying a peninsula that extends deep into the Mediterranean Sea. And proving our words of authentic natural beauty comprises some of the most varied and scenic landscapes on Earth and is often described as a country shaped like a boot.
|Area||301,340 km2 (116,350 sq mi)|
|Climate||Italy is characterized by a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters.|
|Time Zone||UTC +1|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc.|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Italy, let’s look at Quick facts about MBBS in Italy.
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Courses Duration||6 Years (English Medium)|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Italian|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO – accredited|
|Cost of Living in Italy||USD 200/Month|
|Minimum course fee||USD 3,500/Year|
|Score 650+ in NEET 2021||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||+91-9999709223 (India)|
Recognition of Italian Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Italy are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Italy.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Why Study MBBS in Italy? (Graphical Representation)
MBBS in Italy 2023 Fact Check
In Italy, higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation on the world stage due to high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. In addition, Italy’s preferred destination for medical studies is the easy Admission Procedure and No Entrance Test policy at most Italian universities. Here are some of the safety measures in Italy for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always avoid the notorious neighbourhood of the country. Do not get involved with the wrong crowd. Always be on guard. Always keep your phone with you and the number of authorities on speed dial.
- Remember to carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers while leaving campus.
Italy has always been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses abroad. If you too want to Study MBBS in Italy, check the MBBS in Italy Eligibility Criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
If you want admission to Italy, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must keep in mind that you only have to qualify for the exam. Here are the useful resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost your preparation for the NEET exam.
Before being admitted to the Medical College of Italy, please do not forget to carry all these related documents mentioned below.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Italy.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Italian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Read also: Top 5 Countries to study MBBS Abroad.
MBBS Syllabus in Italy
Before going to Italy for Medical studies, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of Italy’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities. Please click the Button to see the structure and the pattern of MBBS in Italy.
Read also: How to Study MBBS Abroad without NEET?
The MBBS fee structure of any medical institution in Italy is more minor than in Indian Medical Colleges. Here in this section, we provide the MBBS in Italy Fee Structure of the MBBS program. Let’s have a look:
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees / Year|
|Humanitas University, Milan, Italy||€10,000 to €20,000|
|University of Florence||N/A|
|University of Pisa||EUR 4,000|
|University of Studies, Udine||EUR 7,800|
|University of Turin||USD 571-1,119|
NOTE: Mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change.
Read also: Best Country for MBBS Abroad.
Top MBBS Colleges in Italy
Below-mentioned is the updated list 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Italy officially made by India’s Medical Council. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more link will provide the list of best medical colleges.
|College Name||Course Offered||Official Website|
|Humanitas University, Milan||MBBS (6 Years)||https://www.hunimed.eu/|
|University of Florence||MBBS (6 Years)||https://www.unifi.it/|
|University of Pisa||MBBS (6 Years)||https://www.unipi.it/|
|University of Udine||MBBS (6 Years)||https://www.uniud.it/it|
|University of Turin||MBBS (6 Years)||https://www.unito.it/|
Read also: Comparison between MBBS in India Vs MBBS abroad.
Pros & Cons
According to OECD, Italy has the most educated population globally, outperforming Canada, Japan, Israel and the USA. More than half of Italy has a higher education qualification. More than 200,000 people from 168 countries come to study at Italian universities.
It is all it takes to study MBBS abroad. There are a lot of advantages to learning in Italy, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying in Italy
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities in Italy (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those institutions recognized by the medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Italy don’t ask for any donation at the time of admission.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Elite bodies like WHO and NMC acknowledge medical colleges in Italy.
- The cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Italy’s MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Italy provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Italian medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
- Students become eligible to work in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Italy offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of Studying in Italy
- As Italian is the local language in Italy, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Italian Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Read also: Advantages and disadvantages of studying MBBS abroad.
Is an MBBS degree from Italy valid in India?
The medical universities in Italy are approved by the Ministry of Education in Italy, NMC in India, WHO, the World Federation for Medical Education, FAIMER, and ECFMG.
What are the disadvantages of studying MBBS in Italy?
1. As Italian is the local language in Italy, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
2. One might have to put extra effort into learning the Italian Language after the class hour.
3. The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
4. Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
How to Study MBBS in Italy?
You must receive a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry, and biology and a NEET score of 50% to be accepted into MBBS programmes in Italy. MBBS courses in Italy are taught in English.
Cost of MBBS in Italy for Indian Students?
The cost of tuition for an MBBS programme in Italy varies each year (3,00,000- 8,50,000).
Can I work in Italy after completing my MBBS in Italy?
Yes, you can. You will get opportunities to work in renowned hospitals in Italy.