MBBS in Philippines Malcolm X once said, “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow, belongs to those who prepare for it today.” We wholeheartedly agree as we believe that education opens up our minds, expands them, and allows us to improve our lives in a much better way. No matter how drastic the situation is nowadays, we still cannot ignore that education holds great importance in every person’s life. Today we will talk about one of the most important and widely selected fields of study among Indian students. It is your lucky day for all the medical aspirants in India as we will talk about MBBS or, more specifically, MBBS in the Philippines.
There is no denying that MBBS is one of the most preferred fields of education among Indians, but what is bad is the lack of colleges, actual seats, and the gigantic amount of medical fees in various Indian private medical colleges. It is definitely a war when it comes to scoring a seat in reputed medical universities, and you will not believe it, but around a lakh, students lose that battle in the end.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Procedure
- Documents Required
- Recognition of Philippines Medical College
- Comparison between MBBS in Philippines & MBBS in India
- About MBBS in Philippines
- MBBS Colleges in the Philippines
- Fee Structure
- How Can We Help You?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines
- Country Summary
- Our Services
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Philippines has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Philippines, check the eligibility below.
|Age||You are at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English Langauge|
|Duration of Course||5+1 (Internship)|
|Minimum Course Fee (Approx.)||Rs.2.27 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum Course Fee (Approx.)||Rs.6 Lakhs/Year|
|Cost of Living in the Philippines (Approx.)|
Rs. 7-10 Thousand/Month
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
We at RM Group of Education recognize the importance of education and career. After clearing the 12th Examination, we often find difficulty in choosing the best career option. This is mostly because orthodox thinking cannot guide us properly, and the individual is stuck in the wrong career. With the abundance of several unique courses, we start asking our neighbours, family members and teachers.
It is crucial to choose the right career after the 12th, with our expert student counsellor and admission consultants. We ensure that the student or child chooses the right course and college for his best and most prosperous future. Abraham Lincoln said, “The best way to predict the future is to create it”, and it is time for you to create it by applying on our website and filling out the form.
- STEP 1- Click on the link
- STEP 2- Fill in the required details carefully
- STEP 3- Submit the form
Before admission to Medical college in the Philippines, please do not forget to carry all these related documents. Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of the Philippines.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Philippines Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- Medical test documents.
Recognition of Philippines Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most important factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in the Philippines are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Philippines.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Comparison between MBBS in Philippines & MBBS in India
|MBBS in Philippines||MBBS in India|
|The cost of studying medicine in the Philippines is relatively low.||The cost of studying medicine in India is quite high.|
|MBBS course duration in the Philippines is 6 years.||The duration of the MBBS course in India is 6 years.|
|An entrance test is mandatory in almost every university in the Philippines.||Entrance test required.|
|A donation is not required at the time of admission.||Various colleges in India take donations for admission to medical courses.|
|Degree awarded as MD in Medicine.||Degree awarded as MBBS in Medicine.|
About MBBS in Philippines
MBBS in the Philippines for Indian students is kind of became a trend in today’s world. There are several reasons why MBBS in the Philippines is good, and we have mentioned a few. When it comes to the global ranking, the Philippines stands in the 7th position as the top study destination in the world. And it is now just Indian students, but students all around the globe look forward to studying MBBS in the Philippines. Obviously, the level of MBBS education in the Philippines is perfected, and advanced, which is apparent given the country is already exceeding the expectations in every department, education included.
Yes, the Philippines has become a global educational hub for medical studies and Indian or International students. The Philippines was a colony of the USA for around 50 years. Thus the country follows the American country of education, in which every university is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC), and the World Health Organisation (WHO) So. And if you are thinking about practising in India after completing MBBS in the Philippines, you absolutely can; you have to pass the NMC screening test in India; after that, you will be eligible to join the other thousands of students who studied MBBS from the Philippines and are already practising in India.
MBBS Colleges in the Philippines
Below is the updated 2022-23 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in the Philippines officially made by the National Medical Commission.
List of Medical Colleges in the Philippines:-
|Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine||Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila|
|AMA School of Medicine||Saint Louis University|
|Angeles University Foundation||San Beda College|
|Ateneo de Zamboanga University||Silliman University|
|Baguio Central University||Southwestern University Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine|
|BICOL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE||Southwestern University, Urgello, Cebu City, Philippines|
|Cagayan State University Tuguegarao (Carig)||St. Lukes College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial|
|Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine||St. Paul University, Philippines|
|Cebu Institute of Medicine||University of Northern Philippines|
|Central Philippine University||University of Perpetual Help (Dr Jose G. Tamayo Medical University)|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||University of Perpetual Help Rizal|
|De La Salle University Health Sciences Campus||University of Saint La Salle|
|Dona Remedos Trinidad Medical Foundation||University of Santo Tomas|
|Emilo Aguinaldo College, Manila||University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center|
|Far Eastern University Dr Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation||University of the Philippines Manila|
|FEU Dr Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation||UV Gullas College of Medicine|
|Iloilo Doctors College of Medicine||Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation|
|Lyceum Northwestern University||West Visayas State University|
|Manila Central University||Xavier University|
|Our Lady of Fatima University (Fatima Medical Science Foundation) Valenzuela||Zamboanga Medical School Foundation|
|College Name||In the Philippines||In INR|
|AMA Medical College of Medicine||12,50,000/-||16,25,000/-|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||13,53,783/-||20,50,000/-|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine||14,76,187/-||22,34,485/-|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College||15,55,000/-||23,83,000/-|
|Lyceum Northwestern University||12,50,000/-||16,25,000/-|
|University of Perpetual Help System DALTA||13,50,000/-||20,44,270/-|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||11,10,000/- (approx.)||14,80,000/- (approx.)|
|Our Lady Fatima University||18,38,060/-||28,14,844/-|
NOTE: Mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change.
How Can We Help You?
RM Group of Education feels proud in solving the candidate’s dilemma in identifying the best college for MBBS. We understand that not all can afford MBBS. With our top-in-class expert admission consultants, we help with domestic and overseas admission to top colleges around the globe. Our ISO Certified centre, dealing with 120+ courses, helped many students to achieve their dream of becoming a doctor. With more than 400+ happy abroad clients, we are on the way to becoming one of the best overseas consultancies in India. Here are some of the reasons why you choose us.
- 50+ Expert Abroad career guidance Counsellor.
- Complete Interest-based counselling and career assistance support.
- 24×7×365 Days Notification panel access of major entrance exams in India.
- 1000+ Hand Written Notes & study materials support boost your test preparation.
- Career Counseling assistance (Seat locking, Freezing & Documentation).
- Assured admission to 200+ MOU-signed colleges across the Globe.
- Personalized counselling videos and live updates of major entrance exams in India.
Advantages and Disadvantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines
- So, as you can see from the aforementioned list that there are a total of 53 NMC-approved universities in the Philippines that you can apply for, which gives students an ample amount of seats for admission, which is by far one of the most highlighting points about MBBS in the Philippines.
- Apart from this, the language of teaching in the Philippines is English.
- Also, the tuition fees for MBBS in the Philippines are way cheap compared to various Indian private medical universities. Know about other cheap destinations for MBBS abroad?
- Students could easily practice in India after passing the NMC screening test. These are only a few of the good things about studying in the Philippines from the pool of many.
- However, like everything studying in the Philippines also have its own flaws. We are not going to say that MBBS in the Philippines is all good. Certain points are considered as the disadvantages of studying in the country.
- Factors like food, language barrier, cold climate, exposure to modern culture, nightlife, and addiction problems are among the downsides of studying in the country.
Wrapping the topic, we will say that the pros and cons will always be there, no matter the country, type of education, or subject you choose. Only the students will decide whether they make advantage of their power or let the cons destroy their dream. Everything has its own flaws and goodness, but to make both of them your forte is what education and dream are all about. So, consider the Philippines if you are pondering about MBBS.
|Area||300,000 km2 (120,000 sq mi) (72nd)|
|Climate||humid subtropical, maritime climate and constant influence of warm and moist air|
|Literacy Rate||99.8 %|
|Time Zone||UTC+4 (GET)|
|Religion||Philippines Orthodox Church|
- University Selection
- Provisional Admission
- Admission Letter
- Bank Loan Assistance
- Attestations & Legalisation
- Eligibility Certificate application
- University Admission
- Visa Profiling
- Visa Application
- One way air ticket from IGI, New Delhi to the Country you have selected
- Pre-Departure Briefing at head office
- Airport drop to IGI, New Delhi
- Airport Pick-Up from the country airport
- Free 10 min. call parents from the destination airport after custom clearance
- Travel arrangements from the country airport to respective university hostels.
- Hostel room allotments
- Free meals to students for the initial days
- Introducing to the country, tours of the university campus, city
- 1st-year Medical check-up assistance
- NEET-PG, USMLE, AMC, PLAB exams guidance form 4th year (Paid basis)
- Biannual progress report to parents from head office via SMS, E-mail, or India-Post.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
Ans. Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Germany, and the Philippines are the top 5 destinations to study MBBS abroad.
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Ans. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and provides exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to either in India or any foreign country.
Q. What are the fees for MBBS Abroad?
Ans. it costs you around 20-30 lakh minimum. However, in some countries, the amount can go up to 50 to 60 lakhs.
Q. What is MBBS abroad?
Ans. MBBS abroad is getting a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign university in a foreign country.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
Ans. Romania, Poland, Germany, Belarus and Georgia are some of the most popular destinations for MBBS in Europe.
Q. Is MBBS Good in the Philippines?
Ans. The advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines are. However, Studying MD / MBBS in the Philippines has advantages such as good weather and low-cost medical colleges for Indian students. Hence, it became a great option for students who want to pursue their MBBS abroad.
Q. How Much does MBBS cost in the Philippines?
Ans. MBBS in the Philippines’ maximum cost is Rs.2.27 Lakhs/Year.
Q. What is MBBS called in the Philippines?
Ans. MBBS is Known as ‘MD’. It is the same thing, just the difference in nomenclature.
Q. How many years in MBBS in the Philippines?
Ans. The duration of MBBS in the Philippines is 5 Years/5.5 Years.
Q. Is the Philippines Good for medical studies?
Ans. The Philippines has become one of the top favoured destinations for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses.
Q. Is NEET required for MBBS in the Philippines in 2022?
Ans. Yes, NEET is required for MBBS in the Philippines in 2022.
Q. Why is MBBS cheap in the Philippines?
Ans. The Philippines has advantages such as good weather and low-cost medical colleges for Indian students.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS, the Philippines or Russia?
Ans. Russia is better for MBBS abroad than the Philippines due to the method of education, language, NMC clearing rate, Observership program, and education fee.