The Medical University of Gdansk, formerly Gdańsk Medical Academy, stands as the largest medical university in northern Poland. With a rich tradition in medical practice and education, it hosts over 6000 students across four faculties. Renowned for high-quality education, it is considered the premier institution for studying medicine in Poland. If considering studying MBBS abroad, exploring the offerings of the Medical University of Gdansk in Poland is advisable.
Hey Students, we have tried to keep you updated & informed about one of the Best Medical Colleges for MBBS in Poland, i.e.Medical University of Gdansk. It is a modern academic institution that is well-known nationally and internationally. It boasts highly skilled and reputable research teams, an increasing number of esteemed international publications and grants, and a wide range of high-quality research, all confirmed by the high categorization of its units.
Before we go through the detailed information about the Medical University of Gdansk Poland, let’s examine the college’s essential details.
|Name of Institute
|Medical University of Gdansk Poland
|Medical University of Gdansk
|Year of Establishment
|No. of Faculties
|Medium of Teaching
|Yes, It’s required
|NMC & WHO
|MBBS, MD, Pharmacy
|MBBS – 12000 USD/Year
MD – 12000 USD/Year
Pharmacy – 10000 USD/Year
|World Rank: 1491
Country Rank: 23
|Medical University of Gdansk Hostel
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport
|Medical Colleges in Poland
Affiliation and Recognition
Medical University of Gdansk stands out as a leading medical institution in Poland, earning recognition and affiliation with various esteemed Medical Councils, including:
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Poland.
- European Economic Union.
- National Medical Commission.
- World Health Organization (WHO).
The faculties at Medical University of Gdansk vary across departments, covering various disciplines and specialities.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology
Medical University of Gdansk provides high-quality medical programs with a highly qualified faculty and modern infrastructure. It is renowned for its undergraduate medical programs, particularly the MBBS program.
Why Medical University of Gdansk?
- Accredited by medical organizations
- State-of-the-art Invasive Medicine Center with advanced teaching techniques
- Actively engaged in Erasmus+ since 1998
- Top-ranking in Ministry of Science and Higher Education assessments
- Practical clinical classes in both clinical centres and foreign hospitals
- Affordable MBBS education fees
- Established modern laboratory medicine centre in 2010
- Faculty members provide highly specialized diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Collaborates with 50+ international universities
- Globally recognized and highly rated by national and international institutions.
- Cutting-edge teaching and clinical infrastructure with simulation and multimedia labs.
If you want to take Medical University of Gdansk admission in 2024, It is necessary to qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET) for Indian students.
Poland has been a preferred destination for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at the Medical University of Gdansk Poland, check the eligibility below.
|It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
|Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Before taking admission to the Medical University of Gdansk Poland, please do not carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Poland.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Poland Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year of Medical University of Gdansk Poland Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Fees Structure 2024-25
This section shows the Medical University of Gdansk Poland tuition fees for the MBBS course. The stated data is given below:-
NOTE:- The Mentioned fee is approximate in nature, and it will be subject to change.
According to Edurank. The Medical University of Gdansk ranking in its respective country and throughout the world:
|Medical University of Gdansk ranking (In Poland)
|Medical University of Gdansk world ranking
About Gdansk City
- Gdańsk (Danzig in German) is a port city on the Baltic coast of Poland.
- The colourful facades of Long Market are now home to shops and restaurants at the centre of its Main Town, reconstructed after WWII.
- Nearby is Neptune Fountain, a 17th-century symbol of the city, topped by a bronze statue of the sea god. Gdańsk is also a centre for the world’s amber trade; boutiques throughout the city sell the ossified resin.
Medical University of Gdansk Poland
Address: Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3a, 80-210 Gdańsk, Poland
Official Website: https://gumed.edu.pl/
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the MBBS Duration at the Medical University of Gdansk Poland?
MBBS Duration at the Medical University of Gdansk is 6 Years.
Can poor Indian students study abroad?
Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. Several scholarships are open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically intelligent students.
Is the Medical University of Gdansk internationally recognized?
Yes, the Medical University of Gdansk is internationally recognized for its high-quality education and research.