Quality education has always been a historic gem in Poland. For centuries Poland has proven to be providing the most efficient medical education at a lesser cost. MBBS in Poland is like a dream come true for all the Medical Aspirants in India. The country is undoubtedly an epitome of advancement, specifically in medicine. Poland MBBS Colleges is like a haven for all those Indian medical aspirants who wish to become doctors. Poland is known for providing quality education at a low cost. Its excellence in teaching and research makes it a popular destination to study MBBS abroad.
This article will always be about MBBS in Poland’s 2023. From selecting the best college to securing a seat, every question related to MBBS in Poland will be answered here.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Country Summary
- Why Study MBBS in Poland?
- Quick Facts
- Is Poland safe or not for Indian students?
- Admission Procedure
- MBBS Syllabus in Poland
- Top MBBS Colleges in Bulgaria
- Fee Structure
- Pros & Cons
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Poland, officially the Republic of Poland, is located in Central Europe. It is divided into 16 administrative subdivisions, covering 312,696 square kilometres, and has a largely temperate seasonal climate.
|Language||Official Languages: Polish|
|Climate||moderate climate with both maritime and continental elements|
|Time Zone||(GMT+1) Central European Standard Time|
|Currency||Polish złoty (PLN)|
|Religion||90% Christianity(86% Catholicism, 4% Other Christian), 6% No religion, 1% Others, 3% Unanswered|
Why Study MBBS in Poland?
- Poland is one of the most preferred destinations for MBBS students
- The universities in Poland have various departments and faculties for the students to choose.
- Medical schools for MBBS Poland, recognized by NMC, attract many Indian students yearly.
- Poland offers cheap yet quality education for students worldwide.
- The living costs in Poland are favourable for students all over the world.
- Poland has some of the best universities in the world.
- The colleges for MBBS Poland rank among the top MBBS colleges in the globe.
- Poland has present weather suitable for international students.
Why Study MBBS in Poland? (Graphical Representation)
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Poland, let’s look at Quick facts about Study MBBS in Poland.
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO|
|NEET Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
Read Also: Study MBBS in Ukraine.
Recognition of Poland Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. So, for MBBS in Poland, Indian students are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Poland.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Poland has always been one of the top preferred destinations for medical students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study MBBS in Poland, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||70% marks with NEET score|
|IELTS or TOEFL||IELTS & TOEFL scores are not required|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Is Poland safe or not for Indian students?
- Poland is one of the safest countries in Europe.
- Indian students may choose Poland to pursue higher education without pondering too much.
- Poland is one of the countries in Europe with a minimal crime rate.
Read also: Study MBBS in Germany.
If you want to take MBBS admission in Poland, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before taking MBBS admission in Poland, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Poland.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Ukrainian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- Medical test documents.
Read also: How to Study MBBS Abroad without NEET?
MBBS Syllabus in Poland
Before going to Poland for Medical, studies compare the MBBS in the Poland Syllabus of some of Poland’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities.
|1 – 2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Bio-chemistry, Physiology|
|3 – 5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine,|
Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology,
Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin
Top MBBS Colleges in Bulgaria
Here is the update of all Poland MBBS Colleges officially made by India’s Medical Council. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the link or Read more.
|S. No.||Name of Colleges||Official Website|
|1||Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University, Krakow||cm-uj.Krakow.pl/|
|2||The Medical University of Gdansk, Republic of Poland||https://gumed.edu.pl/|
|3||Medical University of Lodz||studymed. umed.pl/|
|4||Medical University of Lublin||umlub.pl/en/|
|5||Nicolaus Copernicus University||www.um.pl/|
|6||Medical University of Silesia||sum.edu.pl/|
|7||Wrocław Medical University||en.umed.wroc.pl/|
|8||University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland||http://www.uwm.edu.pl/|
|9||Medical University of Warsaw||wum.edu.pl/|
Read also: Top 5 Countries to study MBBS Abroad.
Here in this section, we provide information about the country of Poland’s MBBS fee structure; let’s have a look. Let’s look at the MBBS in Poland for Indian students fees of some of the best Medical Universities in Poland.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees / Year||Hostel Fees / Year||Total Fee|
|Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University, Krakow||65,94,000||5,04,000||70,98,000|
|The Medical University of Gdansk, Republic of Poland||50,40,000||5,70,000||56,10,000|
|Medical University of Lodz||52,32,000||5,04,000||57,36,000|
|Medical University of Lublin||63,88,200||6,30,000||70,18,200|
|Nicolaus Copernicus University||50,40,000||5,04,000||55,44,000|
|Medical University of Silesia||36,21,000||5,04,000||41,25,000|
|Wrocław Medical University||54,30,000||6,30,000||60,60,000|
|University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland||51,00,000||5,70,000||56,70,000|
|Medical University of Warsaw||52,86,000||N/A||52,86,000|
|Poznan University of Medical Sciences Poland||12,00,000||N/A||12,00,000|
NOTE: The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
Pros & Cons
Poland has about 310 privately owned universities and colleges and 138 state schools. Enthralling, right? The higher education system is of high quality, and all leading universities offer programmes taught in English within study areas such as medicine, engineering, humanities, business and finance. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Poland, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying in Poland
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to institutions recognized by the medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Poland don’t ask for any donations during admission.
- The tuition fee is affordable.
- Elite bodies like WHO and NMC acknowledge medical colleges in Poland.
- Part-time work can quickly earn the cost of living for Indian students.
- Poland MBBS Colleges follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- Poland MBBS Colleges provide excellent academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Poland medical colleges is globally renowned and holds excellent worth.
- Students become eligible to work in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Poland offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of Studying in Poland
- As Polish is the local language in Poland, therefore, students might feel the tongue is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to make extra efforts to learn the Polish Language after class.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
- In hospitals, international students are not allowed to touch the patients during an internship while studying MBBS in Poland.
Read also: Advantages and disadvantages of studying MBBS abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS good in Poland?
A. Poland is known for providing quality education at a low cost. Its excellence in teaching and research makes it a popular destination for MBBS.
Q. What are the fees for MBBS abroad?
A. It can cost you around 20-30 lakh minimum. However, in some countries, the amount can go up to 50 to 60 lakhs.
Q. How much does MBBS cost in Poland?
A. It might cost you somewhere around 20-25 lakh.
Q. What is MBBS called in Poland?
A. MBBS is Known as “MD in Poland”, It is the same thing, just the difference in terminology
Q. Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
A. Poland, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Germany and Georgia are the top 5 destinations to study MBBS abroad.
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to either practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. Why is MBBS a Low budget in Poland?
A. The cost of pursuing MBBS in Poland is low because the Ukrainian government provides subsidies for education.
Q. Can an Indian student get an education loan?
A. Yes, Indian students get an education loan; students can get a loan amount of up to INR 20 Lakh. After six months (if you get a job) of completing the course, you must start your loan repayment.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
A. Romania, Poland, Germany, Belarus and Georgia are some of Europe’s most popular destinations for MBBS.
Q. Which country is best for MBBS, China or Poland?
A. Poland is better for MBBS abroad than China for specific reasons: Method of education, Language, MCI clearing rate, Observership Program, and Education fees.
Q. Which country is best for Indian students to study abroad?
A. Canada, Germany, Australia, the United States and Italy are some of the best destinations for Indian students to study abroad.
Q. What is the admission procedure for MBBS in Poland?
A. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with PCB and English. The student must have passed with an aggregate of 50% marks and 50% marks. Candidates must have completed 17 years, and students must have qualified for the NEET entrance exam.
Q. What are the disadvantages of studying MBBS in Poland?
A. A. 1. Polish is Poland’s local language; therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
2. One of want might have to put extra effort into learning the Polish Language after the class hour.
3. Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
4. In hospitals, international students are not allowed to touch patients during an internship while studying MBBS in Poland.