The Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia was founded in September 1897 as the Medical Institute for Women. It was the first institution in Russia and Europe that provided women with higher medical education opportunities. In 1936 the First Medical Institute was named the Nobel Prize winner Academician I. P. Pavlov. In 1994 the First Medical Institute was reorganized into a medical university called Pavlov Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Fee Structure
- Pavlov First Saint University Russia – Ranking 2022
- Country Summary
- Advantages of Studying in Russia
- Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before we go through Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia’s detailed information, Let’s look at the college’s essential details.
|Name of Institute||Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia|
|Popular Name||Pavlov University, Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State University, Pavlov First Saint Petersburg Medical University|
|Year of Establishment||1897|
|Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Location||St Petersburg, Russia|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||11|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Courses offered||MBBS|
|Total Enrollment||5,700 (2015)|
|Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Ranking||Country – 94|
World – 3270
|Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Official Website||https://www.1spbgmu.ru/ru/|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Courses offer quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
The medical facilities of Pavlov University are:-
Why Study MBBS At Pavlov First Saint University Russia?
- The university has collaborative partnerships with healthcare institutions and universities around the world.
- Provides top-quality medical education to its foreign students.
- The university provides an in-campus hostel facility for students.
- The university has collaborated with many health care institutes worldwide such as Sweden, Berlin, the United States of America, and Finland.
- 1700+ foreign students are studying at the university.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. Check the eligibility below if you want to study MBBS at the first Pavlov state medical university.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
This section provides Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University fees for International Students & Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Fee Structure. The Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State University mbbs fees & Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University fees 2022 are as stated below:-
|Particulars||Tuition Fee||Hostel fee|
|Fee in Rupees for First Pavlov State Medical University Indian Students (INR) Approx.||Rs. 3,25,404||Rs. 36,987|
NOTE: The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change. The fee for First Pavlov State Medical University Indian Students mentioned in this section is INR.
Pavlov First Saint University Russia – Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Pavlov First Saint University Russia :
|Country Rank||World Rank|
|Language||Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN. Russian is the one and the only official state language. Other languages spoken in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Religion||73% Christianity, 70% Russian Orthodoxy, 3% Other Christian, 15% No religion, 10% of Islam|
& 2% Others
About St. Petersburg City
- Saint Petersburg city in Russia is a city of national importance in Russia. It is the second-largest city in Russia.
- It is an important administrative centre of the Northwestern Federal District and the Leningrad region.
- It is located on the shore of the Gulf of Finland, in northwest Russia, at the mouth of the Neva River.
- St. Petersburg is an important tourist, economic, and scientific centre of the country and a significant transport hub.
- The population of Saint Petersburg is about 5,222,000, according to the 2015 census, within an area of 1,439 sq. km.
- Since its foundation in 1703, St. Petersburg city has played a vital role in Russian history.
- Saint Petersburg city lies 22m above sea level. The climate in Saint Petersburg city is temperate and warm.
- Saint Petersburg is a city having significant rainfall. Even in the driest month, the city experiences a lot of rain.
- The average temperature in Saint Petersburg city is 22.4 °C.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Pavlov First Saint University Has become a famous MBBS study-abroad Location for Indian students. Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medical from There are a whole range of reasons why MBBS in Russian.
- The tuition Fee is very affordable as compared to Indian Medical Colleges
- Russian Universities have the best and Easy Admission Procedure
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University work with great professionals, doctors and researchers, that’s why Indian students will take admission to Russia
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
The Pavlov First Saint University also has some of the disadvantages these points are mentioned below.
- Local language going to any foreign country will mean that you have to adjust yourself according to the new country
- Some students find it hard to adjust to the cold climate or weather of Russia. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How is the campus of the university?
A. The university’s campus is located in the central part of the city with lots of greenery from spring to autumn, and it consists of a beautiful park with an area of 40000 square meters. On its territory, there are 50 beautiful buildings with fabulous architecture.
Q. Does the university have an affiliated hospital?
A. The Peter the Great Hospital, having 2000 beds, built-in 1903, is an affiliated hospital for this university.
Q. Where is Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia located?
A. Ulitsa L’va Tolstogo, 6-8, St Petersburg, Russia, 197022
Q. What is the world ranking of Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia?
A. The world ranking of Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia is 3804 (www.4icu.org)
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Russia, Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia