Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad was established in the year 1987. This institute is also known as Pramukhswami Medical College Karmsad and is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Gujarat. This College is affiliated with Sardar Patel University and is approved by the NMC. The Karamsad Medical College admits 150 Candidates under the UG courses.
Throughout this article, we will share all the essential details about Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad, like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Table of Contents
- Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad
PSMC differs from other medical colleges in the way the curriculum is designed. It emphasises integrated teaching and learning, thereby ensuring that the information given is neither fragmented nor repetitive but is complete and thorough in every way.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad.
|Name of Institute||Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad|
|Popular Name||PSMC Karamsad|
|Location||Gokalnagar P.O. Karmsad, Karmsad, Anand, Gujrat|
|Year of Establishment||1987|
|Affiliated with||Sardar Patel University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS, PG Diploma|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Sardar Patel University
- Approved by:NMC
- Aid Status: Trust
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
PSMC Karamsad provides quality education and offers the following UG course.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
PSMC Karamsad provides quality education and offers the following PG/Dip. Courses duration of 3 Years.
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||5|
|Diploma in Community Medicine||2|
|MS – Orthopaedics||4|
|MS – General Surgery||8|
|Diploma in Industrial Health||1|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3|
|MS – ENT||4|
|MD – Paediatrics||8|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||5|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||4|
|MD – Pathology||9|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||15|
|MD – General Medicine||10|
|MD – Pharmacology||4|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about the PSMC Karamsad. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the PSMC Karamsad, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at PSMC Karamsad is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Gujarat NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Gujarat NEET PG Counselling
The fee structure of PSMC Karamsad for various Medical Courses is Mentioned Below.
|Courses||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||NRI Quota|
|MBBS||8.70 Lakhs||16.10 Lakhs||29000$|
NOTE:- Mentioned Fee subject to be changed.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / E.W.S.||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Gujarat NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 Gujarat State Counselling. Candidates can check the Gujarat NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Gujarat NEET UG Counselling Process 2022
- PIN for online registration can be purchased through online payment of Rs. 200/- from the website (www.medadmgujarat.org)
- After successfully online registration, candidates have to take prior appointment for the Documents Verification and Submission of self-attested photocopies of Documents at Help Center. Candidates themselves can select the Date and Help Center for Documents verification when printing the Registration Slip.
- For Local Quota: Candidates who want to apply in Local Quota Seats of Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad or Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat. In addition to online registration, candidates must obtain a certificate that he/she is a local student of Ahmedabad/Surat city from the Dean of the respective institute, for this candidate has to contact the respective college.
- For NRI Candidates only: After online application, they have to submit a Demand draft of Rs. 10,000/- in favour of ‘ACPUGMEC, payable at Gandhinagar’ as a processing fee at the office of ACPUGMEC, GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar Only.
- Any guidance about registration or further process mentioned in the registration slip (if applicable) candidate must visit the help centre. The list of help centre is mentioned on the website of the admission committee, www.medadmgujarat.org.
Gujarat MBBS counselling criteria
|Type of seats||Name of counselling||Counselling conducting body|
|15% All India Quota seats||NEET counselling 2022||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|Central/deemed universities||NEET UG counselling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|85% state quota seats||Gujarat MBBS counselling||ACPUGMEC|
|100% seats in private colleges||Gujarat NEET 2022 counselling||ACPUGMEC|
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by PSMC Karamsad, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad|
Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad
Address: Gokul Nagar P.O. Karamsad, Anand, Gujrat
Official Website: http://www.charutarhealth.org/institute/pramukhswami-medical-college
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the annual intake of Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad for MBBS?
Ans. The annual intake of Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad is 150 per year.
Q. Is Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad a co-ed college?
Ans. Yes, in Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad, both girls and boys can take admission.
Q. Is Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad a private college?
Ans. Yes, it is a private college affiliated with the Sardar Patel University and is approved by the NMC.
Q. Do they have a girls hostel?
Ans. Yes, Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad has a separate hostel for girls.
Q. Do they have PG courses?
Ans. Yes, Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad does offer post-graduate courses.
Q. What all facilities are provided by Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad?
Ans. They provide world-class facilities to students including Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Hospital, Transport, Computer labs etc.
Q. Can you please provide their address?
Ans. Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad, Address: Gokul Nagar P.O. Karamsad, Anand, Gujrat
Q. How can a student get admission to Pramukhswami Medical College Karamsad?
Ans. Students must qualify for NEET-UG 2022 to get admission to this prestigious college.
Q. Is it a government college?
Ans. No, it is not a government college.
Q. Is it only a women’s college?
Ans. No, this college is for both men and women.
Q. What is PSMC Karamsad full form?
Ans. The complete form of PSMC Karamsad is Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad.