Pskov State University Russia was Established in 2010 by the merger of two higher educational institutions (Pskov State Pedagogical University named after Sergei Mironovich Kirov, Pskov State Polytechnic Institute) and three secondary vocational educational institutions (Pskov Industrial College, Pskov College of Construction and Economics and Velikie Luki Construction College). Pskov State University is one of the Best Medical Colleges in Russia. The University is also known as PSU Russia. In 2019, Pskov State University completed creating the first five scientific laboratories of a new type, researching nanotechnology, ecology, bioengineering, archaeology and economic security.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Fee Structure
- Pskov State University – Ranking 2022
- Country Summary
- Advantages of Studying in Russia
- Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
- Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
|Name of Institute||Pskov State University Russia|
|Popular Name||PSU Russia, Pskov State Medical University|
|Pskov State Medical University Location||Pskov Oblast, Russia|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Language of Teaching||English/Russian|
|No. Of Faculties||200+|
|Approved by||NMC & WHO-accredited|
|Pskov State Medical University Courses offered||MBBS|
|Pskov State Medical University Ranking||Country Rank: 219|
World Rank: 5762
|Pskov State Medical University Official Website||www.pskgu.ru/|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
The medical faculties of the Pskov State University are:-
Why Study MBBS At Pskov State University Russia?
- Excellent and well-experienced faculty make learning a very guided and well-informed adventure.
- Pskov State Medical University participates in various international events that are based on education and help students gain much more confidence in the outside world
- The university has 56 various departments and 179 educational programs.
- The cost of MBBS education at the Pskov State university is low & relatively affordable to each medical student. MBBS degree from the university is accepted globally.
- It gives international students a chance to experience a whole new country and a varied learning experience.
- No donation charges or any additional fee.
- The university offers fundamental education with a broad outlook with an adequate research approach by providing highly qualified teaching staff.
- It is recognized as one of Russia’s oldest universities.
- It helps students gain a creative edge by hosting a series of research projects.
- The university has 22 training and laboratory buildings.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Pskov State University Russia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS at Pskov State University, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Russian|
|Duration of Course||6 Years (English Medium)|
7 Years (Russian Medium)
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4,400|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,08,000|
|Hostel in Rupees (approx)||Rs.31,500|
NOTE: The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
Pskov State University – Ranking 2022
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Pskov State University :
|Country Rank||World Rank|
|Language||Russian is one of the six official languages of the UN. Russian is the one and the only official state language. Other languages spoken in Russia are Tatar, Ukrainian and Bashkir etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Religion||73% Christianity(70% Russian Orthodoxy, 3% Other Christian) 15% No religion, 10% of Islam|
& 2% Others
About Pskov City
- Pskov is a city in western Russia, near Estonia. It’s known for the Pskov Krom, a citadel whose fortress and Holy Trinity Cathedral date from medieval times.
- The estimates of the population of Pskov land in the middle of the 16th century range from 150 to 300 thousand.
- The climate of Pskov is humid continental (Köppen climate classification Dfb) with maritime influences due to the city’s relative proximity to the Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Finland, with relatively mild (for Russia) but still quite a long winter and warm summer.
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Pskov State University Has become a famous MBBS study-abroad Location for Indian students. Russia is the Country with the second-highest number of Indian students studying medical from There are a whole range of reasons why MBBS in Russian.
- The tuition Fee is very affordable as compared to Indian Medical Colleges
- Russian Universities have the best and Easy Admission Procedure
- They are Providing world-class infrastructure with modern facilities in colleges
- International Exposure for those who are also from Different country backgrounds
- V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University work with great professionals, doctors and researchers, that’s why Indian students will take admission to Russia
Disadvantages of Studying in Russia
The Pskov State University also has some of the disadvantages these points are mentioned below.
- Local language going to any foreign country will mean that you have to adjust yourself according to the new country
- Some students find it hard to adjust to the cold climate or weather of Russia. The temperature will be below 0 degrees for about 3 to 4 months
- Cultural Hindrance is understandable that the student may find it difficult to adjust and adapt to the new country and culture
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
Where is Pskov State University Russia located?
Pskov State University Russia is located along Pskov, st. L. Tolstoy, building 4.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available case-to-case basis.
Do PSU Russia transferees?
PSU Russia accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at PSU Russia?
Yes, Pskov State Medical University Russia does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.
- Pskov State University Russia, Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- National Medical Commission (NMC), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia