Dear admission seekers, you are on the right platform if you are looking for NEET PG admission in Punjab. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Punjab conducts the Entrance test and procedure of counselling in Punjab. Candidates willing to participate in Punjab medical/ dental colleges can apply for the NEET PG Counselling 2023. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab, was established in 1973. It gives admission to different Government / private medical colleges affiliated with the State Medical University of Punjab as scored by the NEET PG 2023. The candidates must qualify for their NEET PG exam with a minimum score before registering for Punjab NEET PG Counselling.
This article will provide all the details regarding Punjab NEET PG counselling 2023, including important dates, the registration process, eligibility criteria, documents required, and seat reservation.
Table of Contents
- Quick Facts
- Punjab NEET PG 2023 Counselling Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023
- Documents Required
- NEET PG 2023 Cutoff
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Hello Candidates, here are the quick facts for you. This will help you briefly overview the NEET PG Counselling 2023. Just go through this section, and you will get clarity in your understanding:
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (PG) or NEET PG|
|Conducted by||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam Date||04 March 2023|
|NEET PG Result||14 March 2023|
|MCC AIQ NEET PG 2023 Counselling starting date||To be announced|
|Punjab NEET PG Counselling starting date||To be announced|
|Punjab NEET PG Conducting Authority||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences(Punjab)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Medical Institutes Exempted From NEET||DNB PDCET, NEET MDS, FMGE DEC|
|Want NEET PG Counselling Support?|
Punjab NEET PG 2023 Counselling Dates
In this section, the candidate will get all the important dates regarding the Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023. Therefore, all the candidates are requested to check the below.
|NEET PG exam||March 5, 2023|
|Commencement of online application form||To be announced|
|Last date of submission||To be announced|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online|
|To be announced|
|Choice Filling / Locking||To be announced|
|Result for round 1||To be announced|
|The download of the provisional allotment order||To be announced|
|Last date of reporting||To be announced|
Here, Below we are provided with the PG medical eligibility Criteria for 2023.
- The candidate Must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate Who has completed MBBS From an Institution Located in the state and is a bonafide resident of Punjab.
- A Candidate Who has completed MBBS from any institution recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and his/her parents hold a resident certificate; it is mandatory to complete a compulsory Rotatory Residential internship on or before July 31, 2023.
- The candidate should be registered with the state National Medical Commission (NMC).
The candidates who are willing to register themselves in the NEET PG Counselling can check the Fees structure below:
|Category||Fee (Increased from last year)|
Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023
Candidates can visit the official portal of the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab, to get themselves registered for NEET PG 2023 Punjab State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Punjab NEET PG, Let us first look at the Punjab NEET PG Counselling procedure 2023.
The following steps can best explain the counselling process.
Step-1: Counselling Registration through Online
Admission Seekers can apply online mode by visiting the website-https://bfuhs.ac.in/
- For registration, seekers will use their NEET PG roll no. and email registration in NEET PG (NEET PG) and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After that, the candidate’s NEET-PG registration details will be displayed.
- If the exam qualifies, the applicant will make an online payment. An SMS will be sent to their registered mobile no (used for NEET-PG registration) to confirm successful registration. The password you create at the time of registration, kindly note this password for choice filling.
- After successful payment, the candidate will get Transaction and Registration no. on their registered mobile number.
Step-2: Online Security Money Payment
- Candidates willing to attend the counselling process to grab their PG Medical seat in the desired Medical College must pay the required Security money fees prescribed by the Directorate of Research & Medical Education, Punjab.
- After paying security money and the state merit list has been declared, the online seat choice filling option will be available per the earlier schedule.
- The applicant could take a printout of their online payment receipt.
- Step-3: Merit Declaration
- For Inter-se rank in the State merit list, the reference shall be NEET-PG
- The final merit list will be prepared per the provisions (Displayed on the website).
Step-4:- Online Choice filling
Visit the website- https://bfuhs.ac.in/
- Click on choice filling.
- Choice Filling Procedure:
– Login for choice filing using your NEET roll number and password created at registration.
– Choice filing can be done in several sessions but remember to save and continue; otherwise, you’ll lose your work.
– The choice filling will not be complete until you finally submit and lock. No changes will be possible after locking the choice.
- After the last date of choice, the filling is over. The seat allotment list will be declared online mode.
Step-5:- Seat allotment
- Log in to the website. Your seat allotment status will be displayed.
2. If you accept the allotment letter:-
- But do not join or resign after joining. You’re eligible for second counselling but will forfeit your security deposit.
- Join the college you’ll remain eligible for second counselling to upgrade your seat without losing your seat. If your seat is elevated, then the previous allotment will be automatic.
- The online process will do the seat allotment on a merit cum option basis.
3. Physically disabled category candidates must be physically present before the medical board constituted by dates will be available on https://bfuhs.ac.in/ website.
4. Candidates eligible for the reserved category will be given admission as per the rules of the state government, applicable on the counselling date.
5. OBC candidates covered by the provisions of the creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefits of the OBC category.
6. Candidates who fail to produce required original documents at the time of admission or, if any, concealment or falsification of facts comes into the light at the time of admission and after that during the study will not be entitled to any benefit of having appeared in the entrance examination. Any use of acquiring a seat Legal action would be taken against such candidates.
7. Candidates will be checked for their identity at admission. It will be considered unfair if it does not match, and their candidature will be cancelled. Additional legal action would be taken against such candidates.
8. If the candidate does not participate in online counselling or does not join the allotted seat by the due date, they shall forfeit any right of admission based on said counselling/allotment.
9. Once exercised by the candidate in online counselling, the option cannot be altered under any circumstances.
10. No request for re-allotting seats allotted in the first and second rounds will be entertained.
Conditions/Instructions for Mop-up Round
The following candidates are eligible for the Mop-Up round:
- The candidates who are registering for the first time.
- The candidates who have not joined the allotted seat of 2nd Counseling and exit with forfeiture of fee can apply afresh for MopUp Round.
- The candidates who need not apply afresh for the MopUp Round of counselling.
- The candidates already registered but have not been allotted seats in Rounds I and II.
For Mop Up counselling, Fresh registered candidates must submit a fee of Rs. 5900 (SC Rs. 2950), including GST, through University payment. The following is the refundable/adjustable security amount to be deposited when the applicants submit willingness through the payment gateway through the university website, along with conditions for seats in Govt and Private colleges of the State of Punjab.
|Sr. No.||Preference of submitting the choice in various colleges||Refundable security amount to be deposited.|
|1.||For submitting the choice/preferences for Govt. colleges, only||Rs. 25000/- (half for SC/BC candidates)|
|2.||For submitting the choice/preferences for Private colleges, both Govt. colleges and Private Colleges, including Minority institutions/Private Universities.||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
The candidates must look at the documents that must be submitted during the counselling process. The below-mentioned documents are mandatory to upload at the time of registration. Therefore, candidates are requested to read the details carefully:
- MBBS Certificate.
- Mark sheet and degree of MBBS examinations
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
NEET PG Counselling Norms
The Directorate of Research and Medical Education, Punjab, conducts the counselling following the below-given Norms. The candidate can read all the factors so that they will get better knowledge:
|1.||50% All India Quota(AIQ) seats|
|2.||50% State Quota seats|
|3.||Central Universities (DU, AMU, BHU)|
|6.||Armed Forces Medical Services|
NEET PG 2023 Cutoff
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma course, as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2023, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Category||Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria||Cut-off (Out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th percentile||291|
|SC/ST/ OBC (Including PwBD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th percentile||257|
Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2022
BFUHS has released the Punjab NEET PG Counselling revised provisional merit list under NRI candidates for Admission to MD/MS courses. The candidates we have mentioned below are in the table.
|Punjab NEET PG Combined Merit list||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET PG Merit list NRI||Click Here|
|Provisional Merit List fo Punjab NEET PG 6 Months Trg. in Ultrasonography Courses,||Click Here|
|NRI Candidates Merit List||Click Here|
Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2021
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, has released the Punjab NEET PG Provisional selection cum allotment list of PG Medical online counselling for MD/MS course.
|Revised Tentative Vacancy Position of Adesh Medical College Bathinda||Click Here|
|MD / MS||Click Here|
|MDMS/Diploma Courses||Click Here|
|Provisional Merit List for NRI Seats||Click Here|
|Provisional Combined Mop-Up Merit List||Click Here|
|Provisional Revised Combined Mop-Up Merit List||Click Here|
|2nd Round Not Eligible Candidates List||Click Here|
|Mop-Up Round Not Eligible Candidates List||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET PG 2nd Round Provisional Combined Merit List||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET PG Counselling Not Eligible Candidate List||Click Here|
|PGDSM Courses||Click Here|
|DNB Courses||Click Here|
|Ultrasonography Courses||Click Here|
|Updated tentative vacancy position for PG Medical 2nd Counselling||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET PG Provisional selection cum allotment list of 1st PG |
Medical online counselling for MD/MS course
|Provisional selection cum allotment list of 2nd PG Medical online counselling |
for admission to MD/MS/Dip./DNB/PGDSM/Ultrasonography Courses
|Mop-Up Round Provisional Selection Cum Allotment List||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET PG Round 01 Allotment Seat||Click Here|
|MD / MS||Click Here|
|For Admission to the 6th Month Training Course in Ultrasonography||Click Here|
|Corrigendum in provisional allotment of 2nd round of PG Medical courses, 2021||Click Here|
|Mop-Up Round Corrigendum in Provisional Allotment List||Click Here|
|Stray Vacancy Round Provisional Allotment List||Click Here|
Punjab NEET PG Seat Matrix 2021
The Punjab NEET PG Seat Matrix has been announced; candidates are requested to check the seat matrix on the official website https://bfuhs.ac.in/. Below we have mentioned the total seats available in each college in Punjab and the number of seats divided into AIQ and State quota.
|Name of College||Total seats||AIQ||State quota seats|
|Government Medical College, Patiala||142||71||71|
|Government Medical College, Amritsar||141||71||70|
|Guru Gobind Medical College, Faridkot||93||48||45|
|Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana||87||43||44|
|Christian Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana||78||39||39|
|Sri Guru Ram Das University of Health Science, Sri Amritsar||79||40||39|
|Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Bhatinda||55||28||27|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Punjab conducting the NEET PG Counselling offline mode?
No, Punjab is conducting the NEET PG counselling only in online mode.
Who is Conducting the body of the NEET PG Entrance exam?
National Board of Examinations (NBE)
What are the Counselling Fees of the NEET PG AIQ Quota?
Counselling fee- Rs. 1000 (For AIQ /Central University UR candidates) & Rs. 500 (For SC/ST/OBC/PH), and Rs. 5000 (For Deemed University candidates).
How many NEET PG seats are there in Punjab?
Around 618 seats are available in Punjab NEET PG.
How many seats are available for AIQ quota students?
50% of the seat is reserved for AIQ quota students.
Who conducts the Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023?
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab
What is the registration process for Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023?
The registration process for Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023 will be conducted online. Candidates will be required to register on the official website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab, and fill in their personal and academic details. Candidates must also upload their NEET PG 2023 scorecard and other required documents.
What are the documents required for Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023?
The following documents will be required for Punjab NEET PG Counselling 2023:
NEET PG 2023 scorecard
MBBS degree certificate
Internship completion certificate
Provisional or permanent registration certificate issued by the NMC Aadhaar card or other identity proof
Caste certificate (if applicable)
Domicile certificate (if applicable)