Regional Dental College Guwahati is one of the reputed Government Dental Colleges in Assam. The college is known as Guwahati Dental College and was founded in 1982-83. The college is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Government of India.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about Regional Dental College Guwahati (RDC Guwahati) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Facilities available and a complete college review.
Table of Contents
- Regional Dental College Guwahati
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
- Assam NEET Counselling 2022
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Regional Dental College Guwahati
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of RDC Guwahati.
|College Name||Regional Dental College Guwahati|
|Popular Name||RDC Guwahati, Guwahati Dental College|
|Affiliated to||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences|
|Affiliated by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental College in Assam|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Govt.
These are Regional Dental College Guwahati Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at RDC Guwahati:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
Regional Dental College Offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with the duration and intake capacity.
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
Regional Dental College provides quality education and offers the following MDS course for 3 years.
|Conservative Dentistry||3 years|
|Oral Surgery||3 years|
MDS Intake Capacity
Here this selection will let you about RDC Guwahati BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in their skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of RDC Guwahati, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the required courses under Regional Dental College Guwahati. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Courses: NEET MDS
|Assam NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Assam NEET UG Counselling|
The fee structure of Regional Dental College for undergraduate and postgraduate is mentioned below.
Note: Mentioned Fee is subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category must score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
NEET-MDS 2022 Rank: This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-MDS 2022. By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2022 Cutoff (Graphical Representation)
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Assam NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Directorate of Medical Education Assam’s official portal to register for NEET 2022 Assam State Counselling. Let’s speak about the counselling procedure for Assam NEET. For more information on NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
Assam Counselling Process
- Assam NEET 2022 counselling will be conducted in online mode in two rounds, and to be a part of the DME Assam counselling, candidates must qualify NEET 2022 exam.
- The DME, Assam, will publish the merit list, which will have the selected applicants’ names based on their NEET 2022 scores.
- It would be best to keep in mind that only applicants with their names on the list will be eligible for the Assam NEET Counselling process.
- Eligible applicants will be required to fill and submit the Assam NEET application form 2022 before the late date.
- To attend the Assam NEET counselling, the candidate must report to the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Six miles, Khanapara, Guwahati-22. Candidates have to bring the documents listed below, both original and a self-attested copy, to the counselling venue.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants applying to Regional Dental College, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For MDS Candidates
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counselling.
- NEET MDS 2022 scorecard
- NEET MDS 2022 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows the Regional Dental College Guwahati Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Assam & in India:-
|Name of Institute||Regional Dental College Guwahati|
Regional Dental College Guwahati
Address: Indrapur, Guwahati, Assam-781032
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in Regional Dental College Guwahati?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Regional Dental College Guwahati is 100.
Q. What is the BDS course duration for Regional Dental College Guwahati?
A. Regional Dental College Guwahati’s BDS Course duration is four years.
Q. Does Regional Dental College Guwahati have a hostel?
A. Yes, Regional Dental College Guwahati provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to Guwahati Dental College?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Regional Dental College Guwahati.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Regional Dental College Guwahati?
A. Indrapur, Guwahati, Assam-781032 (Dt).
Q. Is Regional Dental College Guwahati government or private?
A. Regional Dental College Guwahati is government.