Dental Institute Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Jharkhand. The college is popularly known as RIMS Dental College Ranchi and was founded in 2017-18. The college is affiliated with Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi, and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Now the college has become synonymous with one of the Best Govt—dental Colleges in Solan.
Table of Contents
- Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- Jharkhand NEET 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi
The college is affiliated with Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi, and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of RIMS Dental College Ranchi.
|Name of Institute||Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi|
|Popular Name||RIMS Dental College Ranchi|
|Year of Establishment||2017-18|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Affiliated to||Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi|
|Category||Dental College in Jharkhand|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi
- Approved by:– DCI
- Aid Status:– Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
|Excellent Library||A Satellite Centre|
|Yeoman Service||A highly sophisticated ceramic and casting lab with imported equipment|
|Sophisticated equipment and machinery to start Post Graduation Courses||Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus|
|BDS||Four years+1 Year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you apply for Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi, these valuable resources will benefit you. Let us have a look.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
MDS Course: NEET MDS
|Jharkhand NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Jharkhand NEET Counselling|
The fee structure of Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Ranchi for the BDS courses is mentioned below.
|6||University Enrolment Fee||100|
|7||University Sport Fee||100|
|13||Hostel Est. Fee||1050|
|15||Games Fee (Institute)||100|
|16||Union Fee (Institute)||100|
|17||Hostel Caution Fee||500|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Jharkhand NEET 2022 Counselling
THE Jharkhand NEET counselling 2022 applications process is expected to start in the 2nd week (tentatively). No official dates have been published about the counselling process by the MCC and JCECEB. The counselling will be conducted online, and candidates who wish to participate in it need to register on the official website of JCECEB. Jharkhand NEET 2022 Counselling information is mentioned in this PDF here.
- Candidates must check the Jharkhand NEET merit list declared on the official website JCECEB.
- Such candidates included in the merit list for Jharkhand NEET Counselling will have to report to the designated centre with essential documents for Jharkhand NEET counselling 2022.
- Candidates will have first to get their documents verified at the allotted centre, following which they will have to select their choice or preference of college and course, considering their rank in the state merit list.
- Those candidates who do not get any seat allotted for themselves in the first round of counselling for Jharkhand NEET will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds.
Candidates who will b with the following documents allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences|
Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: Bariatu, Ranchi Jharkhand
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.rimsranchi.org/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there for dental aspirants in the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The total intake of dental aspirants in Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences 50.
Q. Does the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences have a hostel?
A. Yes, Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, provides hostel facilities.
Q. How to get admission to the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences.
Q. Can I know the exact location of the Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Bariatu, Ranchi Jharkhand
Q. Is Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences government or private?
A Dental Institute, Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences Government.