Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun is one of the reputed Pvt. dental colleges in Uttarakhand. The College is known as UDMRI Dehradun and was founded in 2006-07. It is affiliated with Hemvathi Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The College was established to fortify the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. Now the College has become synonymous with one of the best dental colleges in Dehradun.
Table of Contents
- Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Fees Structure
- NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
- Uttarakhand NEET Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking and Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun
Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of UDMRI Dehradun.
|Name of Institute||Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun|
|Popular Name||UDMRI Dehradun|
|Year of Establishment||2006-07|
|Affiliated to||Hemvathi Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||HNB Uttarakhand Medical Education University|
|Courses offered||BDS, MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Uttrakhand|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Hemvathi Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
- Approved by:– DCI
- Aid Status:– Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
These are Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at UDMRI Dehradun:
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Below we discuss, let us look at the course overview offered at Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun.
|BDS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun provides quality education and offers the following MDS courses for 3 years.
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3 Years|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3 Years|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3 Years|
MDS Intake Capacity
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||2|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you know about UDMRI Dehradun BDS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|One year||>General Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
>General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
>Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
|Two years||>General Pathology and Microbiology|
>General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
>Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry
>Pre-Clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
|Three years||>General Medicine|
>Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
|Four years||>Oral Medicine and Radiology|
>Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry
>Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
>Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
>Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
>Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
>Public Health Dentistry
BDS Internship (Main aims of the Dental Internship)
- Improve dental knowledge of intern.
- Improve clinical skills.
- Develop confidence in his/her skills and abilities. Improve communication skills.
- Develop professionalism skills.
- Develop scientific research skills.
- Enhance community and volunteer dental projects.
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of UDMRI Dehradun, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the admission procedure for the required courses under Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun. The Candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Courses: NEET MDS
|Uttarakhand NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Uttarakhand NEET UG Counselling|
Get the fee details of Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun.
|Orthodonitics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||8 lacs|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||8 lacs|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||8 lacs|
NOTE:- Above mention, the fee is subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 & 2020 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun 2019 Cutoff
|Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun||GEN-OPEN||OBC-OPEN||SC-OPEN||ST-OPEN||ST-OPEN|
NEET MDS 2022 Cut-off (Announced)
This section will provide detailed information about the NEET MDS 2022 expected cut-off for General and EWS, SC/ST/OBC, General and EWS – PH, and SC/ST/OBC – PH categories in percentile; candidates can check the expected cutoff here.
|Cut off score|
(Out of 960)
|SC/ST/OBC (Including PWD of|
|UR PWD||45th percentile||245|
NEET MDS 2021 & 2020 Cutoff
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff scores 2021||Cutoff Marks (2020)|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||259||286|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||243||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||227||250|
Uttarakhand NEET Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the official portal of HNB Uttarakhand Medical Education University to get themselves registered for NEET Uttrakhand State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Uttarakhand NEET 2022, Let us first look at the Uttarakhand NEET 2022 Counselling information mentioned in this PDF.
Step 1: Registration process: Candidates seeking admission must register by filling out the application form’s personal, academic, and required details.
Step 2: Publishing merit list: After successfully filling out the application form, the counselling authority will publish the state merit list.
Step 3: Documents verification: Candidates were called for document verification as per their state merit rank, and they had to report to the assigned verification centre with all the required documents.
Step 4: Choice filling and locking Process: After the successful verification session, candidates are required to fill in their choices of courses and colleges and then close it, and they are advised to enter their preferences carefully.
Step 5: Seat allotments: Based on choices filled, availability of seats, state merit rank, seat reservation, the seats will be allotted to applicants for the Uttarkhand MBBS/BDS admission 2022.
Step 6: Reporting Process: Candidates are required to report at the designated colleges within the required date and timings for granting the Uttarkhand MBBS/BDS 2022 admission.
NEET MDS Counselling
For aspirants applying to UDMRI Dehradun, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of UP Counselling Committee.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Uttaranchal Dental & Medical Research Institute Dehradun|
Uttaranchal Dental College & Medical Research Institute Dehradun
Address: Mazri Grant, Haridwar Road, Dehradun, Uttrakhand- 248140
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.udmri.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Does UDMRI Dehradun have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, UDMRI Dehradun does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do UDMRI Dehradun provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to UDMRI Dehradun?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to UDMRI Dehradun.
Q. Can I know the exact location of UDMRI Dehradun?
Ans. UDMRI Dehradun is located at Mazri Grant, Haridwar Road, Dehradun, Uttrakhand- 248140.
Q. Is UDMRI Dehradun government or private?
Ans. UDMRI Dehradun is a Private College.
Q. Are there any MDS Courses offered in UDMRI Dehradun?
Ans. Yes, there are MDS Courses offered in UDMRI Dehradun.