Semmelweis University Hungary is a leading institution of higher education in medicine and health sciences in Hungary and the Central European region. Besides teaching, Semmelweis University is the largest provider of health care services in Hungary. While practical teaching takes place in the clinics and hospitals of the university, they also provide the highest quality patient care services. Semmelweis University also holds a unique position within the country; its prominent role is demonstrated by the fact that approximately 42 per cent of Hungary’s doctors, 70 per cent of its dentists, 50 per cent of its pharmacists and 27 per cent of its health care professionals are Semmelweis graduates.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure
- Country Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
|Name of Institute||Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary|
|Year of Establishment||1769|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|Registered with||Hungarian Accreditation Board|
|Approved||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy|
|Semmelweis University World Ranking||251 (Sources: mastersportal.com)|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|Semmelweis University Official Website||https://semmelweis.hu/|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Hungary|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||6 Years|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||6 Years|
Hungary has been one of the preferred destinations for Indian students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you want to study MBBS at Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, you can check the eligibility criteria below.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
|Age||It would be best to be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks from the Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE/ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||Unreserved: 50%|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 – 6 Years (Dependent on University)|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||8750 USD/Year|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||8750 USD/Year|
|Language||Official Languages: Hungarian|
|Climate||Warm and Tropical|
|Time Zone||GMT+1 (Central European Standard Time)|
|Religion||Catholicism (62%), No Religion (20%),|
Protestantism (5%), Other Christians (8%), Judaism (1%), Other (2%)
About Budapest City
- Budapest, Hungary’s capital, is bisected by the River Danube.
- It has a population of about 17.6 lakhs and covers approximately 525.2 km² of area. Its 19th-century Chain Bridge connects the hilly Buda district with flat Pest.
- The climate of Budapest is continental, with cold winters and warm summers. The city is the capital of Hungary and is located in the north of the country, 35 km (20 mi) away from the border with Slovakia.
- Budapest’s current metro area population in 2022 is 1,775,000, a 0.17% increase from 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where is Semmelweis University located?
A. Semmelweis University address is Budapest, Üllői út 26, 1085 Hungary
Q. What is the MBBS Duration at the Tehran University of Medical Sciences?
Q. What is the world ranking of Semmelweis University?
A. The World Ranking of the Semmelweis University, World Ranking 251 (Sources: mastersportal.com)
- Semmelweis University Hungary, Wikipedia
- National Medical Commission (NMC) Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar, USD Wikipedia