Hello Students. Are you preparing for the NEET 2022 Examination? This article will let you know about the List of the Top 10 Medical Colleges in India. Becoming a doctor is every medical aspirant’s dream. To achieve your dream, you first have to clear the NEET-UG 2022 Entrance. Most parents and students in India give more weight to Engineering Programs than Medical courses. But in the last couple of years, the craze of Medical Studies has grown many folds, and the ratio of students applying for the Medical Entrance exam has increased. We have provided all the Best 10 Medical Colleges in India.
Although the state of India has the most number of medical colleges in Northern India, due to its whopping population, one has to score high in NEET to secure a seat in Medical Colleges. Throughout the article, you will learn about Best 10 Medical Colleges in India.
Table of Contents
- List of 10 Medical Colleges in India
- NEET 2022 Cutoff
- NEET Counselling 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
List of 10 Medical Colleges in India
|S.No.||Name of Colleges|
|1||Kasturba Medical College Manipal|
|2||King George Medical University Lucknow|
|4||Banaras Hindu University Varanasi|
|5||Amrita Centre for Nanoscience & Molecular Medicine, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Kochi|
|6||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences Lucknow|
|7||National Institute of Mental Health & Nanosciences Bangalore|
|8||Christian Medical College Vellore|
|9||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh|
|10||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi|
NEET 2022 Cutoff
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2022) had been conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into different medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges. Candidate can submit their NEET Form only through online mode.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying marks in the NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling processes.
- Aspirants in the UR category must score equivalent to at least the 50th percentile.
NEET UG Cutoff 2022 (Announced)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
NEET Counselling 2022
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in India must register for the AIQ NEET counselling 2022. Counselling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register on the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the online portal selections.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Note: To know more information about NEET Counselling 2022 Click Here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is the No 1 Medical College in India?
According to the NIRF rankings, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS Delhi, is India’s top medical college.
How many medical colleges are in India?
There are 542 medical colleges and 64 stand-alone PG Institutes in India whose qualifications are recognized by the National Medical Commission.
Which state is best for MBBS?
Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tami Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Gujarat, West Bengal etc.
What is the cut-off score for NEET 2022?
NEET cutoff percentile for the general category is 50th, and for SC/ST/OBC, it is 40th. The NEET qualifying cutoff scores for 2022 will be released along with the result by NTA at neet.nta.nic.in. Previously, NEET cutoff passing marks for the general category were 720-138, while for SC/ST/OBC, it was 137-108.
Which state has the lowest cutoff in NEET?
The lowest cut-off in NEET is scored in Goa. Particularly in Goa Medical College, Bambolin, a Government Medical College (GMC).
What if I fail in NEET?
If you fail and do not qualify for the NEET exam, you may not be able to apply for MBBS, BDS, Or AYUSH courses.