Astana Medical University Kazakhstan was founded in the year 1964. It is one of the recognized universities in Astana, Kazakhstan’s capital city. AMU Kazakhstan is one of Kazakhstan’s most prominent and dynamic medical universities. The University consists of 7 faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Kazakhstan national economy. When it comes to the staff of this university entails 873 teachers who impart quality medical education to a whopping 5,185 students at the university. There are also 112 doctors of medical science, 280 candidates of medical science, 62 professors and 67 associate professors.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Fee Structure
- About Kazakhstan
- Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
- Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before we go through the detailed information of Astana Medical University, let’s look at the college’s essential details.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
|Name of Institute||Astana Medical University Kazakhstan|
|Popular Name||AMU Kazakhstan|
|Location||Beibitshilik Street 49/A, Nur-Sultan 010000, Kazakhstan|
|Year of Establishment||1964|
|Language of Teaching||English / Kazakh|
|No. Of Faculties||700|
|Approved By||National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Ranking||Country Rank: 14|
World Rank: 4870
(Source = www.4icu.org)
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9999709233|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Kazakhstan|
AMU Kazakhstan provides Courses Offering quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||Six years|
Courses Offered at Astana Medical University.
The various faculties of medicine in which Astana Medical University provides education to its students.
Why MBBS In Astana, Kazakhstan?
- The city has beautiful cuisine very different from Indian cuisine, and Indian restaurants are widely available in Kazakhstan.
- The country is perfect for students who like to keep themselves fit.
- The country is multilingual and encourages students to learn more languages like Kazakh and Russian.
- The country is a fantastic destination for people with architectural interests.
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplifting the country’s people’s health care education and output delivery system.
Kazakhstan has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to Study MBBS at Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||5 Years|
Astana Medical University Fee Structure for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Particulars||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|College Fee||4200 $||4200 $||4200 $||4200 $|
|Hostel Fee||650 $||650 $||650 $||650 $|
|Mess Fee||1000 $||1000 $||1000 $||1000 $|
|For 1st Year students:|
• Hostel & Mess is not Compulsory
From 2nd Year onward, Hostel /Mess = optional
• Mess -100 $/Month Grand Total including tuition fee, hostel fee, admission fee, processing fee, registration fee, application fee, invitation fee, university student visa fee, interview fee, medical test fee, documentation fee, and document translation fee. Airport pickup fee.
|Application Fee- Registration Fee- Processing Fee – ||250 $|
NOTE: Mentioned Astana, Medical University Fee, is approximate and will be subject to change.
Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic, extends from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains at its eastern border with China and Russia. Its largest metropolis, Almaty, is a long-standing trading hub whose landmarks include Ascension Cathedral, a tsarist-era Russian Orthodox church, and the Central State Museum of Kazakhstan, displaying thousands of Kazakh artefacts.
|Area||2,724,900 km2 (1,052,100 sq mi)|
|Climate||Kazakhstan experiences an extreme continental climate, with long, hot summers and cold winters. Winter in the north of the country is long and cold – in some years, the temperatures reach – 52°C (Nur-Sultan), but there are also thawed up to 5°C.|
|Time Zone||UTC+5 / +6 (West / East)|
|Currency||KZT – Kazakhstani Tenge|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam etc.|
About Astana City
- Astana Medical University is situated in Astana city, the capital of Kazakhstan and is located on the bank of the Ishim River.
- Astana is well-known for its futuristic buildings, hotels and skyscrapers, and it is the second oldest city in the world.
- The city’s climate is continental, with warm summers and cold winters.
- Astana offers a wide range of travel options, including railways, air and road.
- The total population of Astana city is 1,029,556.
Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
Astana Medical University Kazakhstan you need to know before pursuing MBBS in Kazakhstan is a good option for Indian students in medical universities various Advantages of Studying in Kazakhstan Points are mentioned below.
- An education system focused on imparting both theoretical and practical skills.
- Affordable tuition fees and living expenses
- The organization works with great professionals, doctors, and researchers, that’s why Indian students will take addmission to Kazakhstan
- Excellent weather conditions for students
- MBBS Kazakhstan Fees are relatively not expensive as other medical institutes.
- medical universities in Kazakhstan have low tuition fees
Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan
The Astana Medical University Kazakhstan various Disadvantages of Studying in Kazakhstan Points are mentioned below.
- As Kazakh is the local language in Kazakhstan, therefore, students might feel the tongue is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Kazakh Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is an MBBS degree from Astana Medical University valid in India?
A. Yes, it is valid in India, provided the National Medical Commission from a university recognizes the degree.
Q. Is Veg food available at the university campus?
A. Yes, there are many Indian restaurants available in the city, and the campus serves traditional Indian food, including veg food.
Q. Can we go for MBBS studies at Astana Medical University without the NEET Exam?
A. No, the National Medical Commission has made NEET exam compulsory for MBBS abroad from 2018. One must have a valid score in the NEET examination to pursue MBBS in India and abroad.
Q. Is Astana Medical University government or private?
A. Astana Medical University is a Private medical college.
- Astana Medical University Kazakhstan, Edufever
- National Medical Commission (NMC) Official website
- World Health Organization (WHO), Official website