Sechenov University Russia (The First Moscow State Medical University) is the first and the oldest medical school in Russia, tracing its history from Moscow Imperial University’s medical faculty founded in 1758. The University was renamed after Russian physiologist Ivan Sechenov in 1955. It was known as the I.M. Sechenov First Moscow Institute of Medicine until 1990.
This article provides information about First Moscow State Medical University Russia Mainly for Indian Students, such as Faculties, Courses Offered, Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Ranking etc.
Let us look at the essential details of First Moscow State Medical University Russia.
|Name of Institute
|First Moscow State Medical University Russia
|Sechenov University Russia, First Moscow State University
|Year of Establishment
|Petr Vitalevich Glybochko
|No. of Faculties
|No. of Students
|Medium of Teaching
|English & Russian
|Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
|Ruble: 9,00,000/- (Per-Annual)
INR: Rs. 11,97,000/- (Per-Annual)
|February Intake – September Intake
|Yes (Male & Female)
|Vnukovo International Airport
|Medical Colleges in Russia
Affiliation and Recognition
The First Moscow State Medical University Russia is one of the biggest medical universities in Russia, and it is affiliated and recognized by various Medical Councils such as:
- National Medical Commission of India (NMC).
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ministry of Science & Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
The First Moscow State Medical University Russia has four faculties on campus. The faculty details are given below.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preparatory Studies
First Moscow State Medical University Russia Courses offer quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The First Moscow State Medical University is famous for its undergraduate medical programs if you want more details about the MBBS course.
|6 Years (English Medium)
7 Years (Russian Medium)
|5 Years (English Medium)
|5 Years (English Medium)
Why Study MBBS at First Moscow State Medical University Russia?
- First, Moscow State Medical University has a scientific library that has a unique collection of scientific publications in medicine and healthcare.
- The Moscow State Medical University has low tuition fees and great infrastructure.
- It is quite easy for new students to adapt and assimilate into new places and cultures in Russia, as there are a lot of international students from various countries at Sechenov University in Russia. Also the staff of this university is also friendly and caring.
- It offers several undergraduate and postgraduate courses taught in English for all areas of medicine, biology and biotechnology, including bachelor’s degrees, master’s programs, clinical residency programs, specialist degrees, etc.
- Moscow State Medical University has a scientific library has a unique collection of scientific publications in medicine and healthcare.
You must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam to complete your First Moscow State Medical University Russia admission in 2024–25.
In this section, all the students check the eligibility Criteria of First Moscow State Medical University Russia.
|Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.
|Minimum Qualifying (%)
|50% in 10+2 (UR)
|NEET (For Indian Students)
Before taking admission to Sechenov University, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the PSMU.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st year First Moscow State Medical University MBBS fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Fee Structure 2024-25
In this section, all the MBBS students get information about the First Moscow State Medical University fee structure for 2024–25.
|Tuition Fees in Ruble
|Tuition Fees in INR
According to UniRank, the First Moscow State Medical University ranking in Russia and all over the world:
|First Moscow State Medical University Country Ranking
|First Moscow State Medical University World Ranking
About Moscow City
- Moscow, the capital city of Russia, stands as a vibrant and historic metropolis at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia.
- Moscow is a city of contrasts, with a mix of old and new architecture, from the Kremlin’s iconic onion domes to the ultra-modern skyscrapers of the Moscow International Business Center.
- The city is also home to a wealth of museums, theaters and historical landmarks, making it a popular tourist destination.
- Moscow is not just a concrete jungle; it also offers numerous green spaces for relaxation and recreation. Gorky Park.
- The heart of Moscow is the Kremlin, a fortified complex that has served as the seat of Russian power for centuries.
First Moscow State Medical University Russia
Address: Bolshaya Pirogovskaya Ulitsa, 2, стр. 4, Moscow, Russia, 119435
Official Website: https://www.sechenov.ru/eng/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where is the First Moscow State Medical University Russia located?
Bolshaya Pirogovskaya Ulitsa, 2, стр. 4, Moscow, Russia, 119435
What is the MBBS course duration at First Moscow State Medical University Russia?
The MBBS course duration at First Moscow State Medical University is 6 Years.
Is the First Moscow State Medical University Russia NMC Approved?
Yes, it is approved by the NMC and WHO.