Georgian American University (GAU) is a private university located in Tbilisi, Georgia. It was founded in 2001 by a group of Georgian and American educators with the goal of providing high-quality, internationally recognized education to students from Georgia and around the world. Georgian American University is Affiliated by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. Georgian American University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of fields, including business, law, social sciences, diplomacy, informatics, engineering, humanities, liberal arts and medicine.
Since 2005, Georgian American University has been serving to establish international standards of education, forming competitive professionals and successful individuals. GAU unites about 2,000 students and about 250 lecturers in 5 different faculties. In all its activities, the GAU Tbilisi builds a culture that gives students immediate attention. The university encourages students to use all the opportunities that allow them to participate in the cultural and intellectual diversity of the university and develop on its basis.
Table of Contents
- College Summary
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure for Indian Students
- Georgian American University Fee Structure
- Georgian American University Ranking 2024
- MBBS Syllabus in Georgia
- Documents Required
- About Georgia
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before we go through the detailed information of Georgian American University, let’s look at the college’s essential details.
|Name of Institute||Georgian American University Tbilisi, Georgia|
|Popular Name||GAU Tbilisi, Georgian American University Tbilisi|
|Year of Establishment||2001|
|Language of Teaching||English & Georgian Language|
|Approved By||NMC & WHO|
|Affiliated by||Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia|
|Georgian American University Ranking||Country Rank: 24|
Wold Rank: 9680
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now > +91-9873056333|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Georgia|
Georgian American University Student Support are:
- Academic Support: Tutoring and academic counselling to help students excel in their studies.
- Counselling Services: Psychological and emotional support services to help students deal with stress, homesickness, and personal challenges.
- Health Services: Access to healthcare facilities or guidance on local healthcare services.
- Career Guidance: Counseling and resources for career planning and development.
- Language Support: Language assistance for non-native speakers, including language courses or language exchange programs.
- Legal and Administrative Assistance: Help with administrative processes, such as registration, documentation and navigating local regulations.
- Extracurricular Activities: Information about student clubs, societies, and recreational activities.
Georgian American University Facilities are shown in the data mentioned below to the students who ensure their GAU Admission 2024:
- Classrooms and Lecture Halls: Well-equipped classrooms and lecture halls for theoretical instruction.
- Laboratories: Specialized laboratories for practical training in subjects such as anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and pathology.
- Library: A comprehensive medical library with a vast collection of books, journals and research materials.
- Teaching Hospitals: Affiliated teaching hospitals where students gain hands-on clinical experience under the supervision of experienced medical professionals.
- Hostel Accommodation: On-campus or affiliated hostel accommodations for students, especially for international students.
- Cafeterias and Dining Facilities: On-campus dining facilities or cafeterias provide meals for students.
- International Student Support Services: Services dedicated to supporting the needs of international students, including cultural integration programs and language assistance.
Georgian American University (GAU Tbilisi) offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS).
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||Six years|
|hairdressing and Decorative Cosmetics (Cosmetologist)||–|
|Nursing (younger Nursing Sister)||–|
Admission Procedure for Indian Students
If you want to take admission in 2024, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must keep in mind that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for the NEET exam that will help you to boost your NEET exam preparation. How to do an MBBS from Russia? See the Complete Admission Procedure Here!
Georgia has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study MBBS at the Georgian American University, check the eligibility below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
*No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English & Georgian Language|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Georgian American University Fee Structure
Georgian American University Fee Structure 2024 for the MBBS course is stated in the section.
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee in USD||$4560||$4560||$4560||$4560||$4560||$4560|
Note: 1 USD = 83 INR. The mentioned fee is approximate and will be subject to change.
Georgian American University Ranking 2024
According to 4icu.org/, the following is the country and world ranking for Georgian American University:
MBBS Syllabus in Georgia
Before applying for Georgian American University, please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, NMC-approved medical colleges in Abroad.
|1st year||1st semester||Anatomy|
|2nd semester||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd year||3rd semester||Histology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, General Pathology|
|4th semester||Biochemistry, Micro-Biology, Physiology|
|3rd year||5th semester||Pathology, Pharmacology, Micro-Biology, Path physiology|
|6th semester||Pathology, Path Physiology, and Pharmacology, Genetics|
|4th to 6th year||7th-12th semester||General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
Before taking admission to GAU Tbilisi, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Georgia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Georgian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Georgia is a sovereign state in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. It was located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. The country has two official languages- Georgian and Abkhazian. The first thing that tourists say when visiting Georgia is that it is green, clean, and safe compared to other countries; it has excellent roads. The capital of Georgia, Tbilisi is a vibrant city with a mix of old and new. Georgia is a friendly and welcoming country.
|Area||69,700 km2 (26,900 sq mi)|
Other largest cities: Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Macon etc.
|Language||Georgian and English|
|Climate||the humid subtropical maritime climate and the constant influence of warm and moist air|
|Literacy Rate||99.56% (Source- the global economy)|
|Time Zone||UTC+4 (GET)|
About Tbilisi City, Georgia
- Earlier Tbilisi was known as Tiflis.
- The city is situated on the banks of the Kura River with a population of approximately 1.5 million people.
- The city of Tbilisi has a humid subtropical climate with considerable continental influences.
- The city experiences moderately cold winters and warm summers.
- Throughout the year, Tbilisi receives significant rainfall.
- The average annual temperature in Tbilisi is around 13.5 degrees Celsius.
- Located about 17 km at the southeast of the city centre is Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport which is Tbilisi’s only airport.
Georgian American University
Address: 10 Merab Aleksidze Str., 0160, Tbilisi, Georgia
Phone: +91-9999709233 (For Indian Students)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where is Georgian American University located?
GAU is located along 10 Merab Aleksidze Str., 0160, Tbilisi, Georgia.
What scholarships and grants are available to students?
Various scholarships and service grants are available to deserving students. The Study Now, Pay Later Plan is also available on a case-to-case basis.
Does Georgian American University accept transferees?
GAU Tbilisi accepts transferees on a case-to-case basis.
Can non-Catholics study and work at Georgian American University?
Yes, Georgian American University Tbilisi does not discriminate against the admission and employment of non-Catholics.