Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur is one of the new built Private medical college in West Bengal. The College was founded in the year 2016. The College is popularly known as GIMSH Durgapur.
This article will provide you with detailed information about GIMSH Durgapur Fees Structure; Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
Subscribe to RM Group of Education Newsletter, Get Admission, Fees, Seats etc.
Table of Contents
- Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital
- Courses Offered
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
- Documents Required
- Ranking & Reputation
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital
Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur is famous for providing high-quality education and excellent residential space.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of the Gouri Devi Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur|
|Popular Name||GIMSH Durgapur|
|Location||Durgapur, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||2016|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before we discuss, let us look at the courses overview offered at the Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about GIMSH Durgapur MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of GIMSH Durgapur, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these useful resources about Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
The fees structure of The Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
|Course(MBBS)||State Quota||Management Quota|
|Tuition Fees per Semester||2,74,000/-||10,75,000/-|
|Admission fees (One Time, Non-Refundable)||50,000/-||1,00,000/-|
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||15,000/-||15,000/-|
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET Cutoff scores – 2021 vs 2020 vs 2019
|Category||2021 Cutoff (Expected)||2020 Cutoff score||2019 cutoff scores|
|UR & PH||160-130||146-129||133-120|
|OBC & PH||140-110||128-113||119-107|
|SC & PH||135-110||128-113||119-107|
|ST & PH||130-110||128-113||119-107|
West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur|
Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital Durgapur
Address: G.T. Road, Rajbandh, Durgapur, WB, 713212
Official Website: http://gimsh.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in GIMSH Durgapur?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in GIMSH Durgapur is 150.
Q. Does GIMSH Durgapur have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, GIMSH Durgapur does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do GIMSH Durgapur provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Q. How to get admission to GIMSH Durgapur?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to GIMSH Durgapur.
Q. Can I know the exact location of GIMSH Durgapur?
Ans. GIMSH Durgapur is located at G.T. Road, Rajbandh, Durgapur, WB, 713212
Q. Is the GIMSH Durgapur is government or private?
Ans. GIMSH Durgapur is Private College.